One Burning Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Dec 26, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I noticed that SimonV is member number two...at least as indicated by his name when he posts. That being the case and since he's the admin and all, who's member number one?

Wierd trivia note: there used to be a show starring Patrick McGoohan that was on American network T.V. briefly called "The Prisoner". McGoohan played some sort of spy who quit his agency (all depicted in the opening credits each week) and then was captured by (supposedly) the other side. He was spirited away to a place called "The Village" and, while never physically tortured, was subjected to all manner of psychological manipulation each week. No one there had a name, only numbers. Our hero was Number 6. The head of the enemy that we could see was Number 2. There was a Number 1 but they were only referred to but were always mysteriously elsewhere.

Who's our mysterious number 1?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

My theory:

Si is so modest that he couldn't possibly put No1.

:hhhmmm

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Hmmm....Nah.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually I looked at the memberlist page and it lists SimonV as member 1 and Rosy as member 2. ???? :scratch :hhhmmm :confused3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Only those who were around when the Singularity became the Big Bang will ever know the answer :!:

8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I wondered how long it would be before somebody asked this question. The answer is that number member number one is reserved for guest posting.

But the reason the memberlist is different is that the method used to display that number is a simple row count from the database query. The member number from in your posts is your exact member number in the database with number one reserved for guest posting.

It wasnt until you've posted this that I remembered I was gona chase this up and see how it can be changed.

Anyway, I am not a number I am a free man.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Ah ha! I figured someone would be a "Prisoner" fan.

8. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Remember it well Trip :) , it was filmed not too far from here in Port Merion in North Wales

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade