Once Again Back It's The Incredible

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Stuzzle, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Stuzzle

Stuzzle Byte Poster

Greetings!! Hiiiii, I've been lingering around these forums for a few days now, and seeing as I'll be visiting more often I figure I may as well join and get involved!

My story, nutshelled as best I can:

Back at the end of '05 I too fell for the adverts for one of the many money-grabbing job-"guaranteeing" TP's in the form of (the now defunct/slowly shutting down?) UK IT Training, for a webdesign course. 1 bank loan of £4200 later and I'm on the course. 1 year on and I was only a couple of weeks from my deadline, sitting through my 2nd to last module, thanks to their delays between modules and making booking our exams difficult. Eventually my year expired and all I was left with is an ECDL, 3 CIW certificates (totalling up to "CIW Master Website Designer" or something like that) and a book on ASP.NET. Fortunately I was able to pay off my loan using some money I gained elsewhere.

Aaaaaaaanyways, my New story. On saturday I shall be trottling on down to my nearest Waterstones and demanding a copy of 1 of the books mentioned in The Guide To Self Study, in view to completing an A+ certification. Upon completion I shall move onto N+, and so on and so forth whilst starting to look for 1st line helpdesk jobs after my A+ completion.

Hello :)

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the A+.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...Sounds like a plan!

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CertForms!:D
    Good luck with that plan. I just did the A+ myself, so if you need help with anything, just ask!

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome...

6. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi Stuzzle, welcome to CF. May I (And probably most of CF) recommend you demand the Mike Meyers A+ AIO from Waterstones (If they stock it, if not try Amazon)

Good luck with it all. :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)