On Braindumps

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Obinna Osobalu, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

I have been wanting to ask this question based on the forum rules on braindumps. What stops someone already banned from signing up again with new particulars. Is there not a more enforceable way to really check this.....
    Actually decided to make this an entirely new thread

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Bad iedea, removed post

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

blah blah blah :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Emails can still be changed. You know their ban method is ok as in trying to discourage people from the use of brain dumps its just that it seems to me that this might not really carry through and obviously people that give this link might be the owners of those sites who are looking to make money so changing emails and usernames so as to log back will not be much of a hindrance to them..

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Actually mate i would PM the staff on this! I know for a fact(being a moderator on another forum) that it doesn't matter if that banned person uses a different name or email to rejoin a forum! They will still be blocked!

I'm not going to explain here how it is done otherwise that would be giving banned members information on how to get around this!

If you really want to know talk to the staff! but don't post it on the public forum!8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Same with this one too

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Hope they dont get to give the information like that out because then the purpose might be defeated in the sense thet the staff dont actually know who they are giving the info to

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Well it could be worse, you could have some numty, discussing on a public forum how the staff spot a banned member rejoining a forum under a different name!:rolleyes:

That would be worse, of course it's up to the staff, if they divulge the info8)

9. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Based on this it will be much better if they dont even divulge the info to anybody no matter what, just make it an info that is privy to only CF staff then of course we have to count on their honour in ensuring that this policy is really carried out if we really need to convey a message regarding use of braindumps so as to entirely avoid that "worse" situation. This is just a suggestion anyway.

What do you think??

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

This is what I already think - staff are not stupid and would never divulage that type of information! It would be asking what their credit card/bank account details are!

However you did ask the question" have been wanting to ask this question based on the forum rules on braindumps. What stops someone already banned from signing up again with new particulars."

So really it's upto them or anyone else to comment!8)

But just think about this, do you really want to invite more people to post BD's or spam on this forum??

I think the staff have got enough on their plate as it is!

11. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Then lets allow them to get to cleaning up their plates. Good job though they are doing..

12. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

say bob5756 signs up and post BDs. ...soon he gets his ass banned
    now, he signs up as bob5757 under a different username and email account and continues to post BDs... He gets his ass banned..

so, we now know that he can log in under and different username and email account and post freely!
    what do we do now?

ban his IP address. then whatever username he tries to log under, his ip address is already banned, which gets worse especially if he's dynamic (even more worse, if he's on dial-up).

but then, he can use a proxy - same process username email and bypass it
    what can we do now? if the forum supports it, ban his MAC address... ...people aint gonna change their NIC just to spam the place, but then MAC address can be spoofed aswell...

...all in all, its hard work, for the staff here, i applaude them for what they do

people will be people, spammers will be wan*ers, the only thing we can do is to report this post (Exclamation Mark, on the post in question), and wait for the staff to pick it up, if they are not online already...

...remember, the staff here have their onlives, so they count on us to assist them in the fight against BD's, SPAM, Advertising and whatever else that doesn't tickle your fancy....

DOes this help

13. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Definitely mate, most definitely:D. You know this is what am talking about when someone does not know actually know how things work he should just stay away from the damn post, its not mandatory one has to reply to every thread, but then they could and make themselves look dumb......

14. Mr.Cheeks

...and who is this person you are referring to?

15. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Since you asked I was actually reffering to ucheekymonkey

16. Mr.Cheeks

UCM does know what he is talking about - On the other forum he mentioned, and yes i know which one he is referring to, they actually ban by IP address rather than username. So he is correct, when he referred to it.

UCM was actually not revealing how to bypass the system, if this thread was read by spammers, then they will know exactly how these systems work. Again, he does know what he is talking about.

UCM does not reply to every "damn" thread, if you look at his post count, you should worked that out already, even if he did reply to every "damn" thread, no harm has actually been done. It's an online forum, people do what they please (as long as they abide to the forum rules). It's not a big deal, is it?

Obinna Osobalu, today, i have actually seen quite a few comments you have made to other members of this forum, and considering that you have been here for a very short time, you should really get to know the members here that you are speaking to. Some of those sarcastic comments are directed to very knowledgeable members and you will learn from them. I tell you no lie.

You are still relatively new here. Most members here are a helpful bunch, we all have a laugh and joke, try to build bridges rather than burn them, and remember "be water my friend"

17. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Spoken like a true wise man. Definitely keep that in mind. Afterall, Socrates himself once said that "One starts to acquire knowledge by first discovering he knows nothing"... a bow and my hat off