Oldness

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Feb 12, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I turs 34 in a few weeks , and while i dont act it and look it i think im getting on, cos i dont really like many of the songs in the charts, i suppose thast not the best way to see how your ageing through life. On that score i seen a few songs on the music channel and one that seems to be played a lot like lady gagas bad romnace, which i actually like (honest), is the one by timbaland, featureing nelly furtado and soshy, called morning after dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ5QB_BR9gY&feature=related

This has got to be a mickey take, how can this be classed as music, nelly furtados got a great voice tho, but the whole songs just pants, i mean where dod i start. Timbalands, doing cher style vocals and the videos not up to much either, at least if you watch a beyonce video, she put a decent routine on and flashes a bit of leg, what arer these lot doing, besides something about vampires and when they have the gap in the middle, the dancing there is poor to say the least

Can someone who actually understand this whole song explain to me how it gets any airplay, besides the usual commercial airplay stuff.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I was gonna ask you last time you posted thread about that Timberland (or Timbaland - not sure).
    Do you really care?

I do agree with getting older and not moving on with the music taste. I find myself listening to the same tracks I used to listen to when I was 16-22 and I can't get used to new tracks for some reason.

But honestly do you really care?
    That Timberland track seems to bother you a lot mate :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Getting old is great.

I've taken great pleasure in not 'getting' stuff for years.
    I wear slippers, listen to Wogan (or did) and I'd dearly love to have a pipe, but don't smoke.

I can't pretend to be getting deaf just yet, or justify having a walking stick for any other reason other than to shake at young people.

I think I bypassed 'yoof' altogether and went straight to old. Mind you, that might have a lot to do with growing up in Germany where, on the whole, 'yoof' is considered a dangerous and subversive cult. 'Old' certainly rules the roost over there.

Who's Timberland?
    Never heard of him.

If I could work out this newfangled youtube thing I'd take a look, but apparently it steals all your passwords and gives them to communists.

What was that again sonny?
    SPEAK UP!

What was I talking about?

:oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I reckon its decent like, bit nuts but I like timbo, I'm more eclectic than most tho

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

When I clicked the link, I was expecting much worse. It's not something I'd go out and buy or seek out on the radio... but it's got a catchy little beat and tune... listened to it all the way through. I could picture this being played in a club, in a movie, or in a video/computer game.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I dont know why it bothers me, normally i can see a pants song and think yeah its pants and leave it at that./ But this one winds me up, im sure its becasue of the poor effort by timbaland himself, i mean if you need a cher style voice to sell a song, surely its time toi get out??

I dont know

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im gonna start calling you Victor from now on :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

haha Meldrew yeah... :p

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

99% percent of music in the charts has sucked and will continue to suck IMHO, it was my opinion when I was 13 and it is now aged 35.

loads of fantastic music is out there that isn't manufactured and aimed at a target audience, most of it never hits the charts. I urge anyone to explore different music and worry about if it is fashionably correct later.

I am starting to settle into my 30's, I except that I cannot go out and party all weekend and still be able to hold down a job during the week, at one stage in my life it was a waste of a week if I hadn't been out clubbing once a week.

I'm not ready for C+A yet (does that still exist, oh well M+S then) I still do my own thing with clothes and music only it doesn't seen such a big deal as it did when I was 22.

Enjoy your age Blue and leave the pop charts to the sheep :biggrin

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hey hey.. you are as old as the women you feel..

I like Lady Gaga..

Like Mozart's 40th.

Love the Floyd.

Janice Joplin still rocks and so does Jimi..

also like Pink and Lilly Alen. hmm

And buckcherry crazy bitch and emenem (cant spell slim shady).

ok you touched a nerve..... :p

be seeing you

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. singe1642

singe1642 Bit Poster

When you lot join the over 40's club then yo'ull appreciate all that goes with getting old. Can't stand the X/pop Idol Factor rubbish all the best music comes from the late 60's, 70,s and some 80's (Led Zep, Floyd, IQ, AC/DC, Rush, Genesis...)
    Life gets better, I promise you. :D

WIP: CompTIA A+ Essentilas
  12. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Haha, i'm 26 and prefer Queen, the original GnR lineup and stuff like MJ over the XFactor crap by a long shot. Another thing i don't understand is this Big Brother stuff. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  13. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I wasn't around in the 70s so when does the best music come from when I reach 40 in 2030?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm also 26, and don't listen to the charts - I have to waste my ears on users asking how to copy and paste some days, I'm not going to make life worse by listening to Radio 1!

My car stereo has Radio 4 on it, or an audio book. At the moment, the other half has the choice between "And Another Thing" (the new Hitchikers book) or German podcasts about the Bundesliga. Thankfully, we both like Radio 4 :biggrin

The charts suck big smelly green things.

Don't get me wrong, I love music. The iPod has a great old variety of it, from Chet Baker to Bach to Holst to Rammstein to the Editors to the Foo Fighters to War of the Worlds to whatever you like. That isn't chart crap X Idol who wants to be the weakest link type ****e.

That's not getting old mate, that's called having taste. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What?
    Speak up!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  16. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Pensions line is that way gramps.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  17. singe1642

singe1642 Bit Poster

I agree, Queen are one of the most iconic groups ever.
    What's Big Brother????:blink
    JonnyMX you've been listening to too much Motorhead and Deep Purple.:)

WIP: CompTIA A+ Essentilas
  18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Same place it comes from now: the 70s and 80s. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. Atomic

Atomic New Member

Haha just clicked the link and I gotta agree total s***e, Also whats wrong with the guy singing it? he looks like he's had one happy pill too many lol.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ N+