OK, last Friday afternoon in May .......

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UKDarkstar, May 29, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

.... sun's out, prospects good for the weekend so what's everyone up to this afternoon ?

Me, I'm head stuck in CCNA stuff, munching some yummy mint choc chip ice cream and waiting for the company I paid a fortune to last year to call back at 3.30 to redo my CV for me (well it was paid for already so why not ?!).

What about everyone else ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Revision :( - CBT Nuggets and MS Press book... woo....

Got my 70-272 booked in for Monday and I want to smash it into a million pieces so I've been going overboard with revision as of late.

Oh, and beer. Beer is good. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I was flying back from Manchester this morning after a team jolly...*cough*... conference.

This afternoon ive just finished eating an ice lolly. other than that? not much.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I've had a great day, finally got rid of an evil SBS 2003 box at one of our sites, now am just clock watching till 4pm :D happy days

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

Working on some pain in the ass timesheet reporting functionality on our Project Management product until
    5pm and then heading straight out for beers with some mates. The sun demands my presence in a beer garden asap!

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I'm still at the office, but a BBQ tonight is definite.

7. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Its the last day of my weeks holiday, apart from the weekend, so I'm spending it working through an ASP.Net book, and then having some takeaway and a couple of drinks in the garden with the family.

Certifications: HND Computing
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Researching offsite backups and reading up on some HP SIM stuff... after that head out with my girl to go see her sister....

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Going to pick up the Sharepoint book again... Play with my kid and watch TV :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Had to shut the data centre down this morning for a while and this afternoon for some planned maintenance, just as well it's the half-term holidays. Also STILL at work due to the fact that there is a a big VDI project culminating today for full trials starting Monday. No-one is aloowed home till it's god to go. Then monday it will be all hands on deck as the little gits try to break it.

I'll start a new tread soon to let you know what's happening.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I should be reading my Sybex Security+ book in preparation for my exam next week but instead I've played with my 9 week old son Myles in the garden all day and now I'm drinking Tiger beer with my beautiful Fiancée and hoping Everton are gonna kick some ass tomorrow! COYB!!! :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  12. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

AJ,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but it seems that you work in a School in Northants (Going by your post, and your location). Which school is it, and how'd you manage get a Data Centre? I'm working in Kingswood School in Corby.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I'm working moving some accounts and mailboxes between Servers on the same Domain.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  14. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Few beers for me this weekend.

Starting the studying back up next week. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  15. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Will add a VPN server to my home network.

Just passed the 647 so I am MCITP EA! (:

WIP: Exchange
  16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have been on a track day at Donnington, it was a gift from a client who I built a couple of PCs for.

I got to drive an Aston Martin DB9 which I almost crashed as I hit a puddle of oil whilst going around a corner. I managed to recover and avoid the woman coming behind me in a Nissan 350z.

Then I drove an Lambo LP40 without any problems (was my favorite) a bit twitchy when pushed.

Then I drove a Ferrari 430 which was a super nice drive.

All I need now is to win the Euro lottery tonight so I can buy all 3 :D

Think I've lost a couple of stone as it's been very hot and with driving cars like these then air con etc is switched off 8)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  17. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well i say Data centre more like 14 servers routing switches and the like. that of course doen't include the "new toys" for the VDI, blade servers and a stonking big SAN. I work at aprivate school near Peterborough.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  18. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Well Yesterday I was on leave so went to see a friends new baby, went to the chiropractor to get my back straightened out, then back to Leeds for Lunch with a friend before rocking over to Sheffield to catch Nickelback on the last night of their UK tour.

Horrible day dont know how I coped :D

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Jealous .....

Although I did spend most of the day driving around in the sunshine in my MX5 with the roof down. Probably not quite as quickly as you though GBL.

Is the Lambo L40 a new green version then GBL with 600 HP's removed? :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Last Friday I was in Tokyo, more specifically shopping at the AAFES Exchange at Yokota AFB. We took a mini-vacation for the Memorial Day weekend up there to catch some nice sales at the exchange and eat food we can't get here in Yokosuka like Burger King and Pizza Hut. I know boring stuff to most, but a vacation to us none the less.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+