Ok. Failed again.. I got exact same score as last time.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Ifailed, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

Overall questions on exams were nearly identical(well.. maybe not 100% but I recognized many problems from last exam). Well.. anyway, I got 705 last time and believe it or not, I got 705 again today. I really don't know what to do anymore. Since I can't review exam question after the test or no way I can remember them all word by word, I don't know how I can improve my score anymore.
    Really.. This is getting just dumb. I am studying over and over on same thing and add additional stuff I can find on youtube or web but none really helps since all exam questions are scenario based and I don't know which one I got wrong. It only shows I got wrong on certain section but it doesn't show which problems so there's no way I can prepare for that problem again.

Simply memorizing terms over and over doesn't help anymore and going through random practice questions don't help either since they aren't even remotely close to actual exam questions.
    I am on verge of giving up network+ and just go for CCNA since I got my basic covered and got close to passing score on network+. What do you think? Any tip?

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I dont know what to suggest mate, was that your third fail? Do you work with the technology in the N+? I always find experience and study combined are key, there are a few exams I feel I could walk in and past due to having that bit of experience.

3. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

This is my 4th time failing. I am currently training for help desk position but nothing I do there would help me on exam.
    It's almost like I am relying on luck now hoping I get lucky on exam now. Really. I used 4 different video guide + Mike Meiyer's book
    and his practice exam simulator. I gave up using dumps since they aren't helping either.

All these studying material covers these topic so shallow, if there are questions on exam that has anything to do with showing protocols, some random output, I have no way of knowing how to do it regardless how many times I watch same videos or reading books over and over again. Approximately 30-35% of actual exam questions are something you can't do with memorizing terms and stuff they cover on exam guide. Every exam guide I study cover these stuff so shallow, if the exam question require more than simple memorizing terms, I have to guess. On exam guide or videos, it usually shows protocols or output briefly and mention few stuff and say at network+ exam level, you don't have to know more than this but it's not. It requires total understanding of that situation and protocols in order to solve that exam problem but the stuff they covered on network+ exam guide book or videos, they covered it so shallow, there's no way you can solve that problem your own. That's just one example. If I am allowed to review my questions after I finish the test, I would look for how to do that problem but alas, you are not allow to see exam problem or what problems you got wrong on exam so there's no way of knowing what you got wrong, how you got wrong and how you can prepare for it in case you encounter same or similar problem again. Like I said, among 2000+ practice questions I went through from exam guide, dumps, books whatever, there weren't single problems that is remotely close to those exam questions.

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I passed the network+ first time(with no industry experience) using the mike meyers book, cbt nuggets and transcender. I read the book about 4 times and took copious notes. The Mike Meyers exam guide is very broad and deep and in my opinion more than enough to pass the exam.

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Are you reviewing your notes? Making nice clear notes etc? Go on udemy and grab the meyers N+ videos. You can try again, personally I would have given up after the third but thats just me.. Only you can decide whether or not to try again.

6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

If you cant pass the exam by cheating, Id suggest moving on.

7. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

Well, if dump actually had decent accuracy, it could consider cheating but if it isn't valid, how is it any different from practice exam from legitimate guide? If legitimate guide had few questions that actually are on actual exam, would you consider it cheating? Better yet, everything should be considered cheating since study guide books has answers to many of actual exam answers. If you have nothing better to say and just going to be sarcastic, why even post here? I'd suggest you just move on. I mean why bother? seriously. lol

8. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

Of course, I take note and reviews too. I already went through Meyers N+ video several times but it's not really helping me to get that last few point bump. I am studying Messer's videos now. Meyers videos and practice exam engine wasn't enough to get me passing score. Most of his practice exams are based on simple memorizing questions rather than situational questions and his situational questions were very different from actual exam. like I said, Meyers stuff and skillsoft's videos/practice questions helped but wasn't enough. I would say, they would only cover 60% of exam questions last 40% are just guessing game to me. Some of those 40%s are doable or at least I have idea of, but some are just completely new to me. Those are stuff that weren't even on studying guides. Worst part is, it doesn't matter how many times I see those questions on actual exam because I can't review the questions after exam. I don't know which of those guessed questions are right or wrong and I can't remember all of them word by word either. I instantly know if it was the same question I saw from previous exam when I see them again but I can't find the answer to the question since they are not from study guides(and google doesn't help either). Guess I will just keep at it until I pass and I will use different study materials and see if they can help me to figure those problems out.

9. Jaron78

So if you had passed using the dump, then that would be OK yeah?

You LEARN the answer but you also LEARN why its the answer. Any idiot can sit there and memorize answers off of a test. You should be learning why you use A over B, C, and D.

I post here because 99.9% of the members are intelligent, clever helpful individuals who I respect. I suggest you stop using Dumps, then moaning about it when you fail the exam. By the way, Sarcasm, highest form of wit. Good luck with the CCNA.

Kopite_21 likes this.
  10. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

You talk like I just sit there memorize dump answers only and went to take test. Clearly, you weren't even reading anything and just saw word "dump" and oh, he's using dump and he's a cheater. If that's the case, I've got nothing more to say. You are just sarcastic hypocrite who only sees what he wants to see or should I just say just ignorant. Since you are assuming everything in your way, I will just assume things my way. You are ignorant person who's only good at being sarcastic. Keep your ego up high and mighty on online forum. lol.

Edit: Ok. I've looked on the other posts and looks like you haven't even taken test yet and you talk like you have CCNP or higher. pfft.. I am sure you will pass the exam on first try with perfect score since you never looked at dump. Oh, wait. Who knows you've been looking at dumps. No one knows since there's no way to prove it. Good luck on your test. I hope you get perfect score on your first try. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  11. Jaron78

Oh dear. Ok, where to start with that.

I have read your posts and see that you have used Study material.....and Brain Dumps. So for all the good work you have done, you have ruined it by using Brain Dumps and in effect cheated!

That's correct, I haven't take the test. In fact, I have put the test back twice as I am not ready for it. Rather than fail the exam, I put it back to get more study time. Not sure how I am "Talking like I have a CCNP or higher". I am simply stating that you using Dumps devalues the Network+ and you will be found out should you get a full time job on the basis of passing the network plus.

I am sure I wont get a perfect score, and in all honesty that isn't my intention. As long as I get ABOVE 720 when I take the exam, I will be happy. You only have my word to go on when I tell you I have no interest in dumps. I would rather pass the exam with knowledge knowing that I earned it by revision, study and hard work rather than remembering the answers.

Thanks very much for the best wishes. I am pleased that you want to see me pass with a top score. If and When I pass, I will be more than willing to give you some tips and advice.

I am more than happy for you to carry on and try and convince me your not cheating.....It will never happen though.

Pseudonym likes this.
  12. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

I do admire the patience of anyone who replies to your posts...

You just can't seem to grasp the idea of actually learning and knowing the subject? On the exam you are not supposed to know the answer because you've seen the question before, you would use your knowledge to figure out the correct answer... It's like that with any test, you must have had some during school etc...

What is your purpose of doing it? Even if you get CCIE by using dumps or whatever "learning" method you use the employer will not care if can answer some test questions, they will expect you to have experience with troubleshooting all kinds of situations that do not come up on the exam. When things break you do not have few choices to choose from, you have zero options and it is only up to your wits to figure out what is going on.

btw cisco exams are a bit harder, no one on this forum will ever advise you on the best dumps for them. Sounds like you will use them anyways...

Jaron78 likes this.
  13. Jaron78

It was a quiet morning at work :)

14. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

We have been here before, i have asked exactly the same question.

The difference with a brain dump as to a book is that a book will have an explanation of the question and some other resource where you can read up on and fully understand what is going on, whereas a dump is purely a question and answer that you have to memorize, hence the term braindump.

So to use a dump does mean that you are cheating but you are also cheating yourself as you have paid how much so far? And what have you gotten out of it? A bit poorer and you seem to think that posting in here will somehow get you a sympathetic ear, well it wont.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Jaron78 likes this.