Oh My Word

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Leehaa, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

See the below conversation I have just had (via live chat) with our Timesheet provider. Bear in mind that I had already sent them a long email with a fully detailed explanation – including screenshots of the existing system and screenshots of a ‘proposed view’

Please Wait while connecting to an operator
    You're connected to operator - *Timepeops*
    *Timepeops*: Welcome To *Timepeops.com, How May I Help You?
    *Timepeops*: Let me know your questions
    Leehaa: Hello. Please can you help me with a query I have about the views in Time****...
    *Timepeops*: Sure. Go ahead
    Leehaa: In the 'Login' / 'My area' / 'My Timesheet' view...
    Leehaa:...it lists the Time Entry Day view with Project / Task / Total Time...
    *Timepeops*: Yes
    Leehaa: We need the view to be different - we need to see the client that the project is associated with...
    Leehaa: so it is something like:...
    *Timepeops*: Currently this feature is not available.
    Leehaa: 'Client Name' / 'Project' / 'Project description'...
    Leehaa:....Thought not, but one of your colleagues advised me that you would be able to help via live chat...
    Leehaa: (they sent me an email telling me to connect to live chat...
    *Timepeops*: Yes. You are correct.
    Leehaa::0)....so they sent me the email so that i'd login here...for you to tell me that it can't be done??
    Leehaa: Is it possible for you to put an update on the system for this?
    Leehaa:...My colleagues have complained saying that it is vital that the system can do this...as other-wise what is the point of having projects associated with clients else-where...
    *Timepeops*: Are you evaluating TimeLive or already acquire license?
    Leehaa: we already have a license
    Leehaa:: I’m representing *******
    *Timepeops*: What do you mean by what is the point of having projects associated with clients else-where...
    *Timepeops*:?
    Leehaa:...hang on, please let me find it...
    Leehaa:...under: 'My Area' / 'My Projects', there is a column entitled: 'Project List'...
    Leehaa:...here, it brings up the client name against the project
    *Timepeops*: Yes
    Leehaa:...also, under 'Administration' / 'Projects'...when you enter a new project you put the client name against that...
    Leehaa:: ...so in theory, that should flow through so that in the view I first mentioned, you are able to see the client name against the project
    Leehaa: (under Project / Task / Total Time)
    *Timepeops*: Yes. Now where you want to see this client. Either you want seperate client in time entry day view or you just want project name + client name in same current client dropdown.
    Leehaa: I sent you an email with the exact detail on it...surely it is better for you to look at that, because it had a screenshot of how we ideally want to see the view...
    Leehaa:? but your colleague replied to tell me to do this live chat...
    *Timepeops*: Wait
    Leehaa: ok

***4 minute break – fair enough***

*Timepeops*: Ok, I have your email.
    Leehaa: Excellent - did it have the screenshots or were they lost?
    *Timepeops*: It doesn't have screenshot.
    Leehaa: ok - so you can't see the pictures I put on it? With the proposed view?
    *Timepeops*: Yes. It has text
    Leehaa: Sorry - i'm confused - it just has text...not pictures of the time *** system?
    *Timepeops*: Please could you look at putting a change to this screen - something along the lines of what my colleague has sketched out below. Here the client and project descriptions are shown, and also the field widths are greatly enhanced so that we can see sufficient information to identify the correct project, tasks, and descriptions.
    *Timepeops*: ok
    Leehaa: Sorry - i'm confused - it just has text...not pictures of the time **** system?
    *Timepeops*: Now, I got your question.
    Leehaa: do you need me to re-send the pictures or can you see them?
    *Timepeops*: Is it ok for you if we show client name with project in same dropdown. Like ABC Project -- Project Name
    *Timepeops*: I am confused. Are you going to send pictures of timelive system?
    Leehaa:...I guess that is better than nothing. I think Ideally they want it to be a seperate column...but if we can at least see what project a client is associated with then that's a good start...
    Leehaa: I had sent pictures on the original email - the one that you just quoted the text from...did you see the pictures on it or do you want me to re-send it?
    *Timepeops*: Please resend it.
    Leehaa: ok...just doing that now. Please don't go - would like you to confirm it is ok...
    *Timepeops*: But question is that what we should do for week view where we don't have enough space.
    *Timepeops*: We are here for your support.
    Leehaa:....did you get that?
    *Timepeops*: Wait. Let me check it.
    Leehaa: Thanks - I attached a word doc to it
    *Timepeops*: It clear your requirements.
    *Timepeops*: But we can show client name with project name in same project dropdown.
    *Timepeops*: And also what will in weekview where we don't have any extra space.
    Leehaa: Yes - please show the client name so that it in the project dropdown list if that is all you can do.
    *Timepeops*:
    Leehaa: Please can you send an email regarding this as I need to go. Thank you for your Time. What is your name?
    *Timepeops*: Sha****
    *Timepeops*: But how you want this in week view.
    Leehaa: Thank you Sha****
    Leehaa:...ideally how it is in the email I just sent you - with client name, then project name...then project description (seperate dropdowns)
    Leehaa:...but email me - show us what you can actually do and I will pass it onto my colleague...
    *Timepeops*: Ok, no problem.
    Leehaa: Thanks again for your time
    *Timepeops*: You are welcome.
    *Timepeops*: Have a good day.
    *Timepeops*: Bye
    Leehaa: Bye
    :eek:

Now if it was me doing the supporting, I would have simply written an email like this:

“Dear Leehaa,

Please can you re-send the email you sent as we have not received the screenshots you inserted. Perhaps send them as an attachment as our system does not support them, and we will look into your query”

...and job done...

(they should have known that something was missing as they even quoted part of my email as above “Please could you look at putting a change to this screen - something along the lines of what my colleague has sketched out below. Here the client and project descriptions are shown, and also the field widths are greatly enhanced so that we can see sufficient information to identify the correct project, tasks, and descriptions”)

Crazy eh? Lol

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Not exactly stellar service

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

That was fun... :inv

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nice outsourcing! :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

ROFL:biggrin

Well you should know I'm a bagful of laughs by now!

Sorry! :D

...it made me so mad that I ended up laughing (lost my sanity)....but I guess it wouldn't have the same effect on you guys having to read it :blink :oops:

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol, live chat things suck sometimes :blink:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Blimey!:blink leehaa it makes me wonder if you were talking to a complete village idiot or an automated system. :blink

I think I would got mad as well! still it's good you can laugh it off!8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

At least you didn't have to do it over the phone... hahaha

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's often a darn sight better than phone conversations with outsourced support! :blink If given the two options, I'll take online chat ANY day!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!