Oh Hai Hai!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Beeblebrox, May 22, 2010.

1. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox New Member

Hi there,

While looking into careers in IT this forum often came in the first few hits, as such I have often delved through various threads seeking advice, as such, thought it might be time to join and contribute!

First a bit about me, I am student at Bournemouth University currently studying a Computing MSc, I have a BSc in Psychology and Computing. I volunteer at a local school as an IT technician while working at the evil retailer that is Currys!

My background in IT is modest, I have build computers since I was about 14, but I never really explored things server side.

I want to be in IT so bad that it hurts somtimes, I have recently started applying for a few jobs and have had a few nibbles, but nothing substancial, as such I think it is time to CERT UP!

I, as of this Monday, am studying for the Comptia A+, after that I will move onto the N+, then the MCSDT. Once I have acumilated these I will look for a job in IT support, the heart of my interest is actually network support and architecture with ambitions to be a system architect. I also have interests in Sharepoint!

My favourite TV show is House.

My favourite drink is whiskey!

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Good luck with your studies :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Good man.

Nothing like half a bottle and a couple of paracetamol for breakfast.
    Sets you up for the day proper.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good plan except for one minor detail: don't wait until you're certed to start looking for jobs - start NOW. You don't have to be certified to get an entry-level IT job. As you get certifications, add them to your CV and keep looking.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome and good luck with the certs.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

2 gold stars. :thumbleft

Welcome, and good luck with your studies!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10