Offsite storage/backups??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jellyman_4eva, May 11, 2006.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hi all,

Not too sure where to put this but anyway...

One of mate's has a imac with a .mac account and he recently lost his machine due to a fire.

Anyways he ordered a new machine and I was there when it arrived... he set it up, and pulled ALL of his useful data straight back from his .mac account just like that... email, data, contacts... in about 4 clicks..

I was stunned by how good this was... So much so I decided I would investigate a .mac account for myself! After a bit of research I came to the conclusion that the automatic features of it really are only available to Mac's which is fair enough...

However I am interested in paying a little per year to have some kind of automatic backup of data, just wondered if anyone knew anywhere that was secure/reliable...

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Try these guys Backup Direct

Jack

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Thanks for that Jack :thumbleft. It is always handy to have an off-site back up to fall back on....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Streamload offer 25GB of online storage for free. The only thing limited is how much you can download from it. You can pay more to download more.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270