Offline files rules?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jammo, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Jammo

Jammo Bit Poster

Hey guys i got my 70 271 next friday and as i'm going through exam questions I keep finding that one type of question is doing my head in. They relate to Offline files an the questions are in the style of "User A changes a file on this day the next day user B loggs onto thier computer and changes the file they are not online at the time then user A changes a file again etc etc what happens when User A loggs on off (or whatever). Although i'm looking at the explanations at the end I still can't seem to get my head round it. I know this is pretty n00bish and with all the other stuff I am pretty sure that i will be ok when i do the exam.

Ok then so you're thinking WTF are you actually asking Jammo, right ?

I basically just want to know if anyone has a good way for working out these situations and if Anyone has a definate list of rules for what happens with offline files in different situations.

Cheers guys

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Jammo,

Two links bookmarked from when I was studying for the 270;

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/offlinefiles.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

I would recommend using Virtual PC (or VMWare, money permitting) to experiment a lot of these exercises. I find it the best way of learning - sometimes I have to *do* it to understand. It certainly makes things stick.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Jammo

Jammo Bit Poster

Cheers mate. I'll have a look at the Virtual PC approach see if that helps