Offline Files Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, Jul 8, 2005.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Hi all, I have a problem with offline files in that when I synchronize my files it creates a replica of the folder and the content. The problem is when I unsynchronize the folder all the content dissapears but I'm left with the folder and I can't delete it when I'm offline as it says I have to be online and I'm worried if I delete it online it will delete it off the server as well. Is there a way to get rid of un-needed folders. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Michael

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi Slypie

Couple of questions, but may sound like stupid ones as I'm not a pro :blink

Are you synching as part of a network or from a laptop, etc - the way our file servers work is they synch on startup/closedown - for a laptop synch would obviously need forcing, and file locations could be different - which is where I got my idea.

All I can think of is where is the duplicate being created? It won't be in the same location as the original as this would throw up an error and a lot of 'copy of...' folders.

Don't delete them, incase it damages the copies held on the server, and check out the synch process.

If this was a completely stupid response, tell me, and I'll delete it :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Cheers for the replies. The files are syncing to a laptop. It's not actually me having the problem it's one of the users in the company I work for. The unsync'ed folders just seem to remain in place without any folders or files in them but I couldn't delete the folders. The problem is that they are in the F drive and thats where the original is stored on our network. When he reconnects I'm assuming that he could delete the folder but that would delete the original. AJ cheers for the link I'll have a look at it and see if it shines any light on the problem.

Cheers

Michael

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011