Off to study for Server+ 2009...

Discussion in 'Server+' started by Kitkatninja, May 7, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Only just came back from my 71-680 Win 7 exam and I'm off again, studying for the 2009 Server+ beta (thanks to Gav).

Going to use some of the 2005 Server+ material and hopefully with my current server experience + MS server knowledge, I'll be able to pass the exam. If not, at least I'll have an idea of what the exam is like :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

You're a real glutton for punishment ! :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Me too Ken, only because its a bit of a hike to my test centre I'm foolishly going to sit my Server+ then Security+ on the same day :eek:

Ken: You've done the Security+ haven't you me old mate, without breaking the rules, how difficult would you rate the Security+ exam? I'm a bit scared having only say MS, ITIL exams etc :blink

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To be honest, the hardest part of the exam was trying to understand the what they were trying to ask. Comptia are known for this, and it only gets worse as you go up thru the harder exams :biggrin

It's a fuzzy question really... I already did a couple of e-learning security courses, plus I had already passed a MS security exam, plus what I learnt & used at work... hence why, while it wasn't easy, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

@UKD, yep, I am :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security