odd problem with exchange 2003

Discussion in 'Networks' started by ManicMonkey, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

ok im stuck, ive trawled the web and ive gone through Microsoft.com (as much as i can take) and i need some help.

I have 2 exchange servers at work on a single domain, on one of the servers i deleted an account called newuser (used to send new user emails to) now for some bizarre reason the user still exists on the other servers view of ad. Normally i would put this down to replication lag (although its over a direct lan connection) however whenever i go to open the user up i get an 80004005 error, i cannot even remove it since it then tells me no object not found..?

Am i being silly here or has anyone seen this before?

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

You might want to check your AD under users profile and make sure under properties, Exchange task that mailbox has been deleted and not moved.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

sigh another Microsoft magic feature, the second exchange server was running behind on its ad update and had half registered the deletion but not actually taken the account out of the records. Hence it was showing a non existent account:rolleyes:

Mind you, you learn something new every day (like not trusting the ad update timings for exchange :) )

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well