Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by SimonD, Jan 18, 2015.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Anyone playing with this? Anyone wanting to play with this?

I have to admit this is one techonology that I can't wait to play with, my only concern really is that in the early days of playing Doom I would get motion sick watching others play and have heard that this has been an issue with some of the older DK1 headsets but that the newer DK2 (and I am guessing DK3 as it's an even better resolution) should make things much better.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No, just looked up prices on ebay... I guess I'm going to have to wait until the prices fall a lot.... and if I get my eyes fixed (as I don't wear contacts) :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im looking forward to this as well, however price will dictate etc. I like the idea of walking around a call of duty map for instance rather than sitting in a chair twiddling a pad. Thats why i like my Wii for the tennis and the kinect for just dance etc.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Same mate, I'll definitely look into buying one but I'm worried about getting a sore neck. The video's online look great though. Things like deep sea diving and going into space would be brillant. I think you need your own headphones with these kinds of things dont you? I've got some Turtle Beach PX4s that I'm made up with so would use them.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs