Novell Problems

Discussion in 'Networks' started by michael78, Aug 29, 2007.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Guys a user is having to try 3-4 times of inputting her password into Novell client for Windows to be able to logon as it cycles through then goes back to the novell logon prompt again. Eventually it will allow her to logon after 3-4 goes. I've tried it with my details and it does the same. It seems very random. I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it and it still does the same thing. Anyone got any ideas on this???

Cheers in Advance

Michael

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

yes mate had exactly the same issue at the council and for the entire 3 years I was there we never got to the bottom of it! In the end we found 2 ways round it:

* Installed the latest Netware client from the Novell website

or

* Remove not only the client but the IPX/SPX and NWLink stuff from the Networking properties of windows.

Somtimes a full uninstall then clean re-install worked. If not then bung on the latest client!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Cheers Mate I'll give it ago...:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011