Not another one! I present this to you Sincerely...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by whougonacall, Jun 1, 2006.

1. whougonacall

whougonacall New Member

I know this message board does not support Private IT Trainer Bashing, Academy Bashing or any of that sort of negativity, but my post will be read by the more knowledgeable MSGB Community, I guess this type of post can only make an impact if t reached the less experienced public. This can only be achieved by sending this message via subliminal sounds encoded in their favourite music CD, Video Game or the latest episode of Lost. Administrators hear me out I intend not to be a one post man, these forums seem a very useful tool.

OK Here I go (name dropping minimal as i have respect for the forum culture.... )

It began in an interview what seemed more like a car salesman pitch:
    “only a few places left!”
    I even talked myself into discount on the course by opting out of a free Dell PC
    The Sales consultant said "he doesn’t normally do this"

I am now 10,000 Pounds in debt this excludes the exam costs can someone tell me why is the price of this course so high when the standards are so low?

The Sales consultants drag anyone off the street with their brilliant car sales man pitches tapping into innocent victims dreams and aspirations. Every class I’ve been to there is always a poor teenage single mothers who can’t get even operate the left, right click of a mouse. The sales consultants are vicious they prey on the venerable whom are clearly incapable of finishing the course.

Students abandon this course at such a high rate, the amount of faces I’ve seen that don’t return amazes me. Britannia must make such a profit from this. There is no encouragement or communication from this Academy to it’s students, once you pay them 10,000 that’s it mate, no correspondence no telephone calls, no information when next available course commences.

During my interview the sales consultant told me that the course could be completed by attending their weekend classes. This was far from the truth as the infrequency of weekend classes make it impossible to finish in the 2 year time limit before the repayment of the career development loan you use to pay for this course kicks in.

The trainers are incompetent instead of training often having social conversations with the class or if not that their level of
    English is abysmal. A few of the trainers have no commitment what so ever to the Academy itself saying there are cheaper course you know half way through teaching the class.

The sales consultant told me that this course can be finished within 6 months and then during the course a trainer will say no that’s impossible at least two years. Now if the consultant were honest with me I would have never joined The Britannia IT Training Academy.

2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i'll say this, and then leave it at that. before i would commit to spending 10k i would investigate my options, alternatives, previous experiences from other buyers, etc. etc. then again, it took me 4 months before i finally decided on and bought a different 150 euro mp3 player, so maybe that's just little ol' overcautious me.

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

£10k! sounds like you have been robbed mate, is there anything in the small print about the frequency of the weekend classes? You might be able to get an extension on the training so you can at least pick up a few certs.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Christ on a bike!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

ouch! :( what certification you doing?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. whougonacall

whougonacall New Member

I'm doing an MCSE it's actualy 8, 000 but apparently they sting you with a request for 1,000 at the end that plus paying for all the exams oh my i'm screwed I was young dumb and full of little wisdom if any when I signed the line I was a victim and the sales consultant knew he had me the day I walked into their offices. I now know that MCSE training is available for cheaper thanks to one of their trainers randomly informing the class mid lesson, wow
    What would you do if you was in my shoes?

I know there are more worse things in the world happening like the Ethnic cleansing in Sudan, The oil War Iraq, The tsunami hit parts of Thai Land god bless them all, but still this sucks too.

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum whougonacall. I like your writing style btw very colourful 8)

Can't really give you any advice as I too have been stung in the past. I guess it is a case of once bitten twice shy :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. whougonacall

whougonacall New Member

Thanks for the welcome sir,

So no one recommends me suing them :{}

9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If you believe you have a case were they have clearly broken the agreement with you (and you have documented evidence of that) then I guess it might be worth legal action.

It could be pricey and ultimately fruitless though. Got any close friends or family members who are solicitors? If so have a chat to them, or go to one of the many that offer a free consultation. Just be wary of what you are told, Solicitors are there to make money as well, and you will do just fine if the case falls flat ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  10. whougonacall

whougonacall New Member

Thanks for the advice.

11. wantit

wantit New Member

hi whougonacall- how long ago was it whan this happened?i went on an interview at the britannia and they offered (last mnth)mcsa course for 3K and i hear they have gone into admin!

12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that buddy, as for advice read the documents they provided you with and try your best on getting that money back. Speak with others as well to see what your options are, let people know what happen to you so that they can be a vitnesses in some way or another. Anyways just want to wish you luck and I hope you get your money back.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA