No braindumping !

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by pug-performance, Sep 21, 2010.

1. pug-performance

pug-performance Bit Poster

Hey all,:D
    been some time since ive been on here. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this query. Just to give you a little background info, been out of IT for a little while due to poor health :rolleyes: but now that im on the road to recovery im having to play catchup at work, one of which is to get my MCDST out of the way.
    Just looking at the thick MCDST books gives mes the shivers so i was looking at a fast track method just to restore some confidence and boost my morale. Anywhoo i came across this website actual answers.com
    My question, does anyone have any experience of these websites or used them? Whats the difference? did you pass quicker. is it worth the money? or is it a scam?
    i just want to be able to pass the exam(sounds like a cliche i know) but i have most of the practical knowledge.. just the niggly bits pull me down.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Certifications: ITIL Foundations
    WIP: A+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It sounds like you are asking for information on braindumps. :rolleyes:

You should be seeking to learn the *theory*.

Please read our braindump policy before posting again..

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/faq.php?faq=braindumps#faq_braindump_2

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. pug-performance

i see is that what it is then? a braindump website?

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

yes :dry

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Avoid using BD's mate. Despite what you think you may know, if you were going to fail an exam, you shouldn't be certified in it. After all it's MS that's testing you on the knowledge required to become certified, which includes the niggly bits... Just go over your material again and get a secondshot offer if you're scared of failing, much easier and you'll be worth your cert when you get it!

Good luck :)

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Um, doesn't the name of the site give you a clue? :blink

7. pug-performance

i see, nuff said. not encouraged then i guess? in that case can anyone advise on what are the bigger chunks of the mcdst or what parts i should be concentrating more on? (the need to know bits as it were)
    thanks

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You need to understand all the topics, pretty much inside out.

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

A good start would be to visit Microsoft's web site and view the MCDST cert requirement and reading recommended manual. Best wishes and yes please, stay clear of brain dumps.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Does anyone want to remove the title of the thread?

11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I do. But I'm not a mod :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Title changed. Happy now ? :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Using a braindump to get the exam answers will not help you improve as an IT professional, which is what certifications are from one perspective, validating your commitment to the profession, put in the work and you will reap the rewards.

You can spot a braindumper a mile away when working with them, and we soon lose sympathy when they cant do their jobs properly.

Good luck with your study :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  14. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Since you have worked in IT before, doing the MCDST will probably be a cakewalk. The thickness of the book does look daunting (presume you mean the MS one) if you just skim through it but I think it is well written and easy to understand.

Perhaps you can just concentrate on the weaker areas? Surely you know the desktop environment inside out and can skip that? Also there's quite a bit of overlap between the 2 exams so you skip a bit there. About a third of the book are answers to the end of chapter questions anyway! :biggrin

15. willolpl

willolpl Bit Poster

Another advantage of using books for study,from microsoft press is the voucher for discount on the exam.Plus i like to have the book to look back and refresh my knowledge.

Braindump= "all the gear but no idea"

Its taken me 10 years to get where i am at present.The hardest thing for me is that i do not work in IT.Hands on experience is only at home and helping other people out.Only when i get my qualifications and a lucky break in IT will the real learning begin.
    Just my own opinion.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    Certifications: CompTia A+, MCP, MCDST