NITLC PC & SOFTWARE SUPPORT COURSE

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dutch, Oct 9, 2003.

1. dutch

dutch Bit Poster

Hi there, i'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me. I'm currently studying A+ and should finish that in January. I was looking to do another course after that and wondered if anyone had done this course with NITLC?

The course advisor is visiting me next wednesday so I was hoping some kind soul could give me some info on this course such as duration and cost as well as letting me know if it is any good.

I don't think that MCSA or MCSE would be what i wanted to do as repairing and upgrading pc's is more what i'm interested in.

Sorry if i've rambled on.

Thanks in advance for your help. :lol:

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Dutch - let me be the first to wish you a warm welcome to the CertForums madhouse ! Enjoy it (and also, drop a wee post in the New Members Forum if you like...)

I'm with Nitlc, as are many others here, although I'm doing MCSE, etc, so not the PC & Software Support one you're on.

They are a very professional and reliable outfit, where you'll receive all the help and resources you'll need for whatever course you choose.

The only point I would make, and it is MY PERSONAL OPINION (not that of CertForums.co.uk), and without wishing to make any derogatory comments about a professional training provider, is this :-

When the "Course Advisor" (ie Sales Guy) visits - have a pinch of salt handy ! He/she will quote you accurate prices, etc, but do not let them sell you the "Oh, you'll sail through this course, with all your abilities" line.

Some of the stuff is hard going, so YOU need to be confident in your abilities. Keep this in mind, know what you are capable of learning and at what pace. Weigh up all the pros and cons, and THEN and only then, make your decision.

I don't mean to put you off in ANY way, Dutch - just go into this with your eyes open :eek:

Oh, and one more thing - enjoy it :P That's where CertForums comes into its own - we actually allow ourselves a bit of fun in the midst of all the self-certification :thumbleft

If you have any more questions, or just want to talk about it - sing out ! We're listening ..... :P

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. dutch

dutch Bit Poster

:D

Thanks for info. I spoke to the sales guy on the phone and he was trying to steer me towards MCSA which I think is to much for me just now.

I've posted on the new members forum.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help, much apprecited :D :D :D

5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Dutch

The MCSA is aimed at Systems Administrators on pretty sizable networks so I think you are making the right decision.

If you are looking at another cert have you thought about the CompTIA Network + covers networking basics and I found it a great wee exam.

HTH :D

6. dutch

dutch Bit Poster

Thanks for the tip Sandy. I had a look at the MCSA course details and it is a bit to heavy for me. One of my mates at work is doing MCSE with computeach and he is finding it hard going and wishes he had started a bit easier.

Hopefully i'll do my A+ exams in Feb or March and will take a look at Network+ then (if i pass!!) as it sounds like a more gentle introduction while still a worthwhile qualification.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated :lol: :lol:

7. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Dutch

You won't go far wrong following the advice from our friendly Armadillo on this one.

Welcome to our (cyber) home BTW!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  8. dutch

dutch Bit Poster

:D :D :D

Thanks a lot for all the advice, much appreciated, particularly Gav and his advice about the course advisor.

He visited tonight and I have decided to go ahead and do the pc & software support technician course. I'll have network+ & mcp 210 or 270 at the end of it.

I am going to delay starting the course until Feb when I will be finished my A+.

The sales guy tried to push me towards the tech & sys engineers course but that is way to much for me just now.

Thanks,again, for all the help, :D :D

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good on you Dutch :thumbleft

You can always go on and do the rest of that stuff when you feel up for it - but now you won't feel under too much pressure to complete what you've signed for.

Just enjoy it, and share your learning with the rest of us :study

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Good Luck with the course dutch

Go fo the 270 exam. Keep your certs as up to date as you can!

11. dutch

dutch Bit Poster

Thanks to all for your help.

Thanks for the tip on 270 Sandy, i was going to post on that as I wasn't sure which would be best, 2000 or xp pro.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'm looking forward to starting the course, it's quite an easy start but it will soon ramp up to the tricky stuff.

:D :D