NHS stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Aug 14, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

JUst watching on ITV news about the NHS row that has managed to come on our doorstep. Basically some conservative MEP has been to america and basically slagged off the NHS. Now ive got first hand of NHS as they have saved my life and continue to provide me with the support i need until i get a kidney.

What strikes me as odd is the republican claims that if they were to get an NHS style service then they feel they would be like russia etc. Another thing on this was the Michael Moore film called sicko, which gave new light to a lot of things in the way america sees other countries.

Take cuba for instance, they have a national healthcare service for all, but the way that country is portrayed to us and possibly the american people, is one of war mongering and draconian style.

Any comments anyone, be nice to hear from people in the US on this one

Keep it friendly mind, ive been watching a few of these chats recently and some people seem to jump the gun and 'attack' the views of people etc.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, I'm fortunate enough to have had little experience with the NHS.
    My only major encounter was the birth of our son and a couple of times we've taken him to casualty.
    I must say, that in every occasion the NHS - or at least the people/hospital we dealt with - were fantastic.

But on the other hand, I grew up in Germany where they have a private medical system I suppose much like the USA. sure, you pay for it, but then again you pay church tax too.

The service there was out of this world. I've never seen such clean hospitals, luxurious rooms and amazing service. It's all on another level. Doctors are revered individuals as are other healthcare professionals. they are respected for what they do and well paid.

Makes you wonder.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD