Next step.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by dino66uk, Sep 29, 2010.

1. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Hello people,

I had an oppurtunity for a job 3 weeks ago The role is refurbishment technician.
    First of all i had a telephone call saying i was successfull in my application for an interview.

I had Two interviews and it has now been 3 weeks and havent heard anything, I called the recruitment centre about a week ago and sent an email. And the woman said that i have had ''positive feedback''.

Does it normally take this long? i had to fill out a crb check and maybe the references are taking long to get back.
    What shall i do next? :confused3
    Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

It can take a while, the position I accepted last week I actually interviewed for back in July. A lot can happen in any company and normal business has to take precedence over new hires. Sit tight and keep chasing up to make sure they know your interested, at the same time don't let this job hold you up from applying to others, you never know you may miss out on something fantastic if you do!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Keep phoning them every day until they give you an answer.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

That would quickly put you on the "annoying" list if it were me answering the phone. Since this is a recruitment centre rather than the employer I imagine it's all pretty much out of their hands now, which would make it doubly annoying.
    However, if I were in dino's shoes, I'd like to know roughly when they expect a decision. Maybe the best course of action is to ask them when they expect the decision to be made and tell them you'll be back in touch for an update if you haven't heard anything by then. That would show you're keen but not impatient.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Even more reason to keep at them. You're being annoying for a reason you need a response. :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Have I got the job?
    I don't know. I'll phone you as soon as I hear anything.
    Have I got the job?
    Have I got the job?
    Have I got the job?
    Have I got the job?
    Have I got the job?
    *sigh*

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. david_mcg

david_mcg Bit Poster

my current job took almost three months for my crb to clear so that is definitely a possibility why it is so slow. I would continue looking for other positions in the meantime as never good to bet the farm on one job.

As it can play on your mind. Have i got it, have i not. At least if you have other options its not all doom and gloom if it doesnt pay off

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MVA 79
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That'd be a surefire way to ensure you DON'T get the job. At least, not if I were the hiring manager.

Soundian's got the right advice: give them a call, ask them when they expect to make a decision, and then don't bother them again until that time has passed. If they won't tell you when, then give them two or three weeks. Yes, it usually DOES take that long to make a proper hiring decision...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Ill take what you have said onboard.

And just hope i get the job!

Thanks for the advice.

And ill let you know what happens.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2