NExt Certification Step

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by westernkings, Jul 18, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hey guys, I have just comepleted my MCDST, over the next 12 months I want to get an MCSA out of the way too.

Thing is, I'm stuck on the route,

First, upgrading my MCDST, If I take the 70-621, does that make me both MCTS (Windows Vista – Configuration) and MCITP: Enterprise Support ?

Will that MCTS in Windows VIsta count as an elective towards my MCSA?

I understand upgraging my MCDST but how do the certifications I come out with through upgrading work into my MCSA?

Also, is it even worth upgrading it to Upgrade to MCITP: Consumer Support Technician?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats :)

Yes

Yes see here. Or if you don't already have the client requirement, the MCTS: Vista will fill this and the MCDST will be used as the elective :)

To gain the MCSA, you need 1 client exam (MCDST doesn't count), one server exam, 1 network exam and one elective (that the MCDST does cover). Check out the link I provided above.

Depends on two things:

1. Do you support Vista in a non-domain environment &
    2. Do you want to gain this certification

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

You're the man mate. I understand now. Cheers

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3