Newby

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Franki, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Franki

Franki New Member

Hi,
    I have been acepted onto an MCSE course with Advent computer training and I would like it if you have some advice or tips for the course. I would be very greatful.
    Franki.

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma ICT for Practitioners
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Franki, welcome to the forums. I never did anything with advent so unfortunatly I cant help you here. There are some people here who know stuff about Advent I am sure they will pass by and help you with your question.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

"Been accepted" means you've either got the money or can get a loan. :p

I recommend self-study, so I can't really help you with tips for the course.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome, I wouldn't sign up with them, you can self-study on MCSE. 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

:D Welcome

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

welcome to CF. :biggrin

The only advice I can give you is to work hard. You get out of stuff what you put in to it. 8)

8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. chopper777

chopper777 Bit Poster

Hi
    I too signed up for advent etc, where i went wrong was that when the books came through in one go, word, excel, outlook and power point i started to work my way through them one by one pge by page which took forever. i then found out that i could take the exams locally at my local college, so what i have done is concentrated on doing the DCC testing exams that are on the disks that you have had sent you. that is what i did and then passed the word 2003, hoorah.

college is closed now till september so i am concentrating on the next 2 exams at the same time.

if you need anymore help dont hestitate to contact me as i wouldnt want anyone else to suffer how i have with this course.

if advent advised how it all worked in the beginning i wouldnt have felt so dissilusioned as i have.

chopper

Certifications: WORD 2003
    WIP: MCDST-
  10. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello!:)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+