Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by BFG, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BFG

BFG New Member

Hi guys,just signed up as i may find it useful for when i take the exams,im currently on the revision sheet after the first two modules of the a+ exam and finding the Task 1 troublesome,its asking about being in charge of 30 computers and the best steps to take for preventative maintenance and back ups,ive already done the rest cos they were easier and want to get it done to start on the next module,i dont want to come across as a cheat but any help would be great,thanks.

WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

I take it your doing a course as I have no idea what you mean by Task 1 but preventative maintenance can be anything from making your hard drive is upto scratch by defragmenting the hard drive and run chkdsk and making your page file size bigger or cleaning out dust from inside the PC and oiling fans etc.

Having a scehduled virus scan at a certain time every day and make sure the definitions are up to date and making sure windows is upto date it can go on and on.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BFG

BFG New Member

Yeah sorry,should have explained better,im doing the A+ course for pc technician which consists of 4 folders,the first 2 i have done then they send you a small revision paper with some questions(which ive done)and a couple of tasks,the one im having problems with is like a role play,im in charge of 30-35 pc's networked to a file server that is backed up every evening and i have to (a)list three possible causes of pc failure and list recomendations to help make the back up process easier,i assumed it would be the same paper everyone recieved on the course and was hopig someone would recognise it.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

quite a few people here self study, so it might be hard to find someone doing the course you are doing. backing up could be doing incremental backups on each PC because there could be power failures that sort of thing.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BFG

BFG New Member

Ok,thanks for your help anyway,much obliged.

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings & Welcome to CF:sunny

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

Who is your course with?

10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum...:pepsi