Newbie post as requested

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by corbpm, Nov 5, 2005.

1. corbpm

corbpm Bit Poster

passed 70-290 after 2nd try, now MCP wow!, wondering what exam to do next think its going to be 70-291.

Went with Prometric for the exam and for the first exam had a discount voucher and the Flu, resit paid full price and wondering where to get vouchers for prometric so going to search these forums for advice.

As regards braindumps all i'm going to say about the exam is there wasn't one question where the answer was reboot and see if its still not working (and i was waiting for one).

I've read elsewhere that reading just the course book for the exam isn't the best method of revising and i did find that some of the questions assumed knowledge in the other books glad i wasn't a newbie on microsoft else i think i would have been resiting again.

Certifications: 70-290
    WIP: 70-270 then onwards to MCSE
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, corbpm. Welcome to CertForums. Glad you found the place. You don't say if you have taken any of the client exams (either the 70-210 or 70-270). If you haven't, you might as well blow through it to get it out of the way, then zero in on the rest of the server exams. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. corbpm

corbpm Bit Poster

The main reason for doing 291 was i bought the 4 book core pack (microsoft version) but was seriously considering the 70-270 even if it means buying another book for revision. My bosses dont seem bothered that i have passed 290 so will be considering my career path if they dont notice 270 as well. Luckily i did it for myself not them and am self funding it so they have no comeback/hold on me over it. Probably will stay where i am but getting a lot of personal satisfaction over the achievement good value for money so far even without a pay rise.

Certifications: 70-290
    WIP: 70-270 then onwards to MCSE
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congratulations on the MCP and welcome to the forum 8)

lol you would think that Microsoft's best practices would include a re-boot before fiddling with anything :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Welcome to CF. Well done on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on passing the exam! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass & welcome to CF :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

oops - late "hi" from me too. corb :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity