New year = bad weather!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

How bad is the weather? Just took a couple of crates of beer out the out the car and could hardly close the boot as the wind was so strong.

Looks like all the outdoor parties have been cancelled so most of my mates are now freaking out as no-one can decide where to go to have a few beers.

Me? I’m being dull and staying in now, I’ve txted my mates and told them I’m staying in so I expect a few to drop in after midnight as its fairly common for a ‘tour’ of house parties so nobody misses anything!

Hope everyone on the forum has a safe new year and an awesome 2007!

Cheers! :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Going by the weather we haven't had it as bad as you mate, but it has been raining most of the day. :x

Let me be the first on CF to wish you the best for '07 and thanks for all your help on the forum.

Regards

Si :morebeer

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky

Glasgow NY party was called off so a few of my mates have jumped in a car and were heading to Edinburgh but now that has been called off! :biggrin

They just phoned me and were laughing and crying at the same time! I think they are going to head back to Glasgow,dump the car and then goto a club.

Any plans tonight Boyce?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Just having a peaceful *half a gallon* in the flat with an old school friend before walking down the local to get stupid. :biggrin

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Sparky

Sounds like a plan, have a good one mate! :thumbleft

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Stopping in with the family. DVD, few beers and some nibbles.

I hope you all have a happy and prosperous new year.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. Sparky

Shame, the weather seems to be fine in Glasgow now. The party (at the flat upstairs) ventured outside and set off some fireworks, no drama but I guess the peeps organising the Glasgow do could not take the chance.

Different story at Edinburgh, let of a few fireworks at the bells and they barely got off the ground. Nice touch from the BBC showing the fireworks from last year when that happened!

Happy new year all! :biggrin

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well its been very windy here too...I stayed in thank God...even tho my flatmate was begging me earlier to go out with her and I told her NO!! Just finished watching Jurassic Park 2 as part of me JP marathon...so off to watch JP 3 now and who knows when I will be in bed...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I just got back from Waterloo, didnt go to Lambeth bridge this year, I was actually right under the Eye instead, man what a sight, a massive 10 minute fireworks display that could put the sydney 2000 ones to shame, it was amazing, albiet a little quiet in the lead up (no music, how odd)
    its the first time I went to this spot for new years, and whilst the views were incredible the atmosphere was a little less pleasant than what its like on Lambeth bridge
    I imagine cramming almost half a million people in a space like that can lead to a bit of pushing and shoving on the way in and out, but bottles and cans were banned too which i imagine got a lot of peoples backs up (champagne had to be left at the gate, how lame is that)

Fortunatly I carried with me the patented Pheo mobile Bar
    Buxton 75cl Water bottle filled with Vodka @ 50% alc vol on one side of the bag
    Tescos Kick 1l bottle on the other side of the bag
    2 bottles of Iron Bru inside the bag
    take a swig or two, add vodka to bottle, drink up!

I just hope i dont have a big gulp of 'water' tomorrow morning without thinking! oops! :)
    Off to the pub now for a bit of a lock in ;)

Weather overall was ok, it was windy sure but no rain thankfully, and the heavy winds were few and far between, I didnt even have my jacket on me as despite the wind it was running about 10 degrees in london which is bloody warm for Jan 1st :)

Happy new year guys, wherever you are, whatever your doing! May 2007 be your year
    Cya all at the CF GTG #2

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well glad it all went well for you mate...and Happy New Year...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  11. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

was going to go up to town (shephers bush) but decided against it and stayed in Richmond.

I saw my first ever guitar buddy who is the best guitarist I have ever played with without a doubt.....

It's all good :D

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging