New Top Gear presenter

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Mar 29, 2015.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You must have been living under a rock to not have heard about the sacking of Jeremy Clarkson by the BBC, so how do you think he will be replaced by? I would imagine all three presenters would be replaced but he was the 'main' presenter i guess.

Ive read many names in the pipeline from Guy Martin, Dermot O’Leary and even Kevin McCloud.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I don't think it matters, think it will flop now.

I heard rumours that Clarkson, Hammond and May were in talks with sky to produce a new show called Top Speed, based on a format much like Top Gear! Lol.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

I guessed that might happen, an why not. The BBC have lost a top rated show now and not just in the UK too, it's sold to many other counties and is huge in Australia.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I think that the Beeb will realise very shortly the costly mistake they have made.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    dmarsh likes this.
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Beeb bunch useless civil servants, about time they scrapped the license fee...

6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

It was a tough one that will cost them a fortune but all good things come to an end. I like Clarkson but I think anyone who's done well and says thing like I'll have your job need to go home and take a look at themselves. I wonder could hammon just take up the slack...

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I don't think Hamster would run it with Capt Slow and he alone, I actually don't think either Hamster or Capt Slow would continue on without Jezza.

I also know that in the heat of the moment you can say and do things you later come to regret, let's be fair most of us have done that (although I haven't smacked anyone in the mouth recently.... actually... ever). I do admit to voting to keep him tho and would do the same again in a heart beat, the guy is bloody funny and like your Un-PC uncle :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I kinda agree, don't get me wrong can't condone thumping the producer, that said though if the rumours have any truth at all and they had just done a 12-13hr filming sesh and then get back and no proper meal, I'd be somewhat irate as well.

BBC needs to be made to pay it's own way, and its no more obvious than now.

I hope the three stay together and I hope they do start a new show, you could make a good show with others but too much now to live up to so would never be the same.

9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sorry just to clarify, I don't think Jeremy should have been sacked, it's a great show, they should of kept it going

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I don't think he should have been sacked but the guy divides opinion, my mother for example can't stand him and turns off the TV if he is on.

11. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Seriously who doesnt want to punch a bbc producer ? :wink:

12. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I rate Clarkson, he's one of the few on TV who's not afraid to say what he thinks and i like that.

The producer didn't even press charges on him, so it's obviously water under the bridge, BBC just doing what they can to get shot of him, after he's been loyal for years.

I hope they go to another channel, create another show as good as top gear and give BBC a smash in the face as to what they've lost.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  13. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Sorry, cannot disagree more. If you punched another member of staff in the work place would you really expect to keep your job? Particularly if you had already been informed you were on a final warning already?

There is no justification for punching another colleague in the face (as much as I may wish it were different sometimes....)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  14. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Tbh Clarkson thinks he's above the law and is really arrogant.. he's a little brat.. good riddance!

15. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I cant believe this subject has popped up here of all places, I thought i made a mistake and typed in facebook instead.
    I hate the show, it was old and outdated and also fixed.

As for the licence fee, yep this should be scrapped, or just dont pay it. Go tot the tv licence website and look for the no licence link, fill it in and hey presto, you save £145 a year, you have to state that you dont watch or record live TV, and thats it.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Coupe2T likes this.
  16. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Thats a good point, an I think everyone knows the answer but I would add that it could also depend on who you are and where you sit in a company.

In the "Off Topic Forum?" How does that draw any comparison to Facebook, did you get a candy crush invite?

17. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Yes, i got 4 candy crush invites, one of which was from you :tongue

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  18. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

If you say managed a northern football team and threw a boot at someones head would you be sacked ?
    If you owned the company would you sack yourself ?
    If you're the $20million dollar star of a movie would you be sacked and marched off set on a $200million budget movie ?
    What if you're a boxer ? You get paid to punch people in the face all day...

Real life's not so simple, if you are a grunt working for minimum wage its a quite different perspective because, you are used to being treated as cannon fodder.
    You are expendable and will be treated harshly the minute you step out of line.

There is some bizarre left wing agenda at play, I don't think the BBC suddenly cares about labour laws.

Jeremy Clarkson, like him or not, is not expendable.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  19. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Everyone is Expendable when you are propped up by guaranteed cash from the public who are not able to legally opt out without risking real legal action! Lol.

Top Gear won't be the same that's for sure, BBC will need to learn to live without it, but again just.highlights how we should have a choice.

One of only about 3 programs I always watch on the BBC, now that's gone! Lol.

20. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

But that's just it, the TV license doesn't prop up Top Gear, it's the other way around, let's be fair they had to reinstate Clarkson for the Live shows because of the money the BBC would lose to re-imburse the people who had already purchased tickets, instead they are removing any mention of the BBC from the name of the shows.
    The BBC are likely to lose over £150 million a year in lost revenue from sacking Clarkson and Top Gear failing. If you don't think the BBC is worried about that then you're going to be mistaken.