New to the Forum and Newly Qualified

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by GMelia, Apr 28, 2009.

1. GMelia

GMelia New Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi as a new member to the forums. I passed my Network+ exam about 4 hours ago and I’m feeling pretty good.

I’ve been an IT enthusiast since I was 14 and have been supporting family, friends and co-workers with their IT needs ever since. I started studying in September 08 and passed the A+ exam in December thanks to Mike Meyers A+ AIO. After a short break over Christmas, an engagement, and a lot wedding planning I now have my Network +. I used Mike Meyers Network + AIO, and Exam Cram 2 Network + Second Edition by Mike Harwood and Drew Bird.

After passing the exam, finding these forums has been great as I believe the advice I’ve seen within has confirmed my choices to date as being the correct ones to make. I’m now going to turn my attention towards the MCDST, as many posters seem to recommend it as the next step. At the same time I’m going to look for entry level support positions to get some real experience. Hopefully one day when I’m more experienced I’ll be working towards an MCSE.

I know a job may be some time coming but I’m optimistic, despite the recession. If anyone else is following the same path I am and has already obtained an IT position as a result of their studies then I’d be interested in hearing how you found the experience.

Grant

Certifications: BEng (Hons) A+ Network +
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Major congrats on the pass :beers2

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Congrats on the pass, on to the next one :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:) and congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell