New to the Community: Hello All!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by koyamaster, Feb 5, 2020.

1. koyamaster

koyamaster New Member

Hello everyone!

I've decided to change my life track. In the past I was extremely unmotivated in what I was doing, I was a slacker, and I was never interested in anything I did.
    I want to change that. Desperately. I want to start by studying for the Security+ exam.

I have all the resources I need. Professor Messer, Comptia Practice Exams, a Sec+ Study book. What I don't have... the motivation. Every time I go to pick up the book--- i'll just say, there is little to no studying done these days. I would love some help to get out of this rut. Taking this exam will help me in my career. It will help me be a better employee and a better person.

Nice to meet you all, I hope I can learn a thing or two from you all!

JK2447 likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Welcome to Certforums. Very best of luck with your studies. You’re right, it’s great to have a place where you can talk about these things and this is it. The Security+ is a great certification. I’m sure that you will enjoy it

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Welcome, to help you stay motivated book the exam as that will give you something to work towards.

Certifications: A few.
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi, what’s your experience with IT? I don’t think it wise to jump straight for the Sec+ without the A+/relevant work experience at a minimum.

5. koyamaster

koyamaster New Member

Hello Juelz,,
    I'm actually not sure whats on the A+ Exam, but I've seen around that A+ isn't worth it. Whats your stance?

6. koyamaster

koyamaster New Member

Thanks brother! A few people have said that actually. I'm thinking I will take the exam in April/May. I will try to schedule that soon.

7. koyamaster

koyamaster New Member

Thanks brother!

JK2447 likes this.
  8. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

As Rob says book the exam then you know the date to work towards. If it helps I hated reading books but I read a book for about 30 minutes before I went to bed or when I got up in the morning for another 30mins. After about 2 weeks I gradually increased this to about 45 minutes. Now I can read a book for about 2 hours without a break.

I did the same with online videos and gradually started to watch longer ones.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Kind Regards

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  9. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

If you really want it, only you can make it happen. There's always time for studying.

Stop playing video games, watching TV, going out with friends for 6 months and you'll have plenty of time. :)