New TO MSCE AND NEED Advise

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Rahhali, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Rahhali

Rahhali New Member

Hi,

I have been currently working as system administrator based on windows server 2003, i am prused to progress in my career path by gettting to know more about IT Administrating and covering 1st and 2nd level support, therefore i decided to take an MSCE Course, am i going into the right path.

I have been out of studies for long, and i am little worried, about the dificulties of finishing it, i am determined as i feel its the best for me, please feel free to leave some advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Rahhali

Certifications: BSc BIT
    WIP: MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

First off, you might want to study the acronym so you can spell it right on your CV, once you get it. :wink:

The MCSE doesn't have anything to do with 1st-level support. If you're looking for a 1st and 2nd level support certification, you should consider the MCDST. What other certifications do you have?

How much system admin experience do you have? If you've been working with Windows Server for a year in a multi-server environment, you're probably ready for the MCSA and MCSE.

That said, you don't need to take an expensive course. Just grab a few books and start studying. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

If you have at least one year of experience implementing and administering network operating systems and desktop operating systems. This what Microsoft say, then go for the MCSE but if you havent then get some more experience before doing so.

Like BM said have a look at the MCDST

Good luck with the Studies.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Rahhali

Rahhali New Member

1st of All Many thanks for your quick response.

I have been system administrating for like 2years been involved using setting new user ID, AD Group policy and other features that i learned by experiance

thank you again

5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

In this case I would suggest the MCSA track. MCSE is more with planning and design. MCSA is more to the administrator.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yeap, I agree with that :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:) and since you have two years hands on experience I'd advise you go with your instints. If you feel you're determined and can tackle the MCSE then go for it. Cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. Rahhali

Rahhali New Member

Good Day All,

Thank you all for you support, from your experience guys how hard is it.

I belive gaining MCSA is part or lets same path to achieve MCSE,

9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That true, depending on what certs/exams you use will dictate how many exams you need to do after the MCSA.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security