New to MS Exams... a question...

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by etheridge, Jun 14, 2009.

1. etheridge

etheridge New Member

Hi All.
    First I’m new here so... Hello!

I’m currently studying for my Microsoft 70-536 exam using the self paced training books. I’m also more than likely going to use some sort of online video tuition.
    However I have a question... How closely do the test scenario exams match the real exams? As I have heard about shady ‘brain dump’ systems... surly the exam questions differ from the test questions?
    I would like to point out that I plan to pass my test by learning what I need to know, but I am new to all of this and am intrigued.

Cheers
    Jase.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, those shady braindumps are exactly the same as the test. But I'd recommend you avoid them - Microsoft's taking steps to identify and decertify - for life! - people who use braindumps to pass their exams.

As far as whether the test scenario exams you are using match the real exams - I have no idea. Bottom line is this: if you truly understand the concepts well, and you've got hands-on experience using the product, you will pass the exam. If not, then you might not.

Best of luck! And welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Welcome,

I agree 100% with BosonMichael, if you know your stuff then the exams are passable plus you will have the satisfaction of knowing you have succeeded fairly and can actualy do the job.

Last year I was on a Training Course (Offical MOC) and the trainer was handing out copies of Transcender, ExamCram and Pass4Sure material "to assist" our learning, passed to the Training Provider Boss and the said trainer has now been made redundant and facing loosing his Certifications. It seems a bit harse but "Brain Dumps" devalues everyone who has worked hard at gaining the experience and wants the Certification to assit them in thier career as once the people who pass by "Brain Dumping" get jobs and the employer relizes they are not competant the Certification looses credibility with them unjustly.

Best of luck with the studing

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just to clarify: Transcender is legit, and if ExamCram is related to the books of the same name, they are legit as well. P4S is the only braindump among them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Oops sorry should of seperated them out a little,

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)