New to CompTIA A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by asian_100, Jul 9, 2007.

1. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Hi ppl

Sorry if the subject matter of this topic is already posted before

I am thinking of starting my CompTIA A+ course from september 2007. But what I don't know is what the course is about (I know its to do with PC's and managing them). It would be great if someone gives me an overview of:

Exam- what is in it and how it works
    Revision and Study- Tips and advise in passing it
    What I could do in future with A+ pass- Careers.

Thanks

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

1. Check out CompTIA's Web site at www.comptia.org. You'll get everything you need to know there about what is on the A+ exam.
    2. Study the Meyers' A+ All-in-One Study Guide 6th edition, and do the labs in Pyles' PC Technician Street Smarts.
    3. The A+ will help you increase your chances of getting an entry-level IT job.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I have to ask - if you don't know what A+ is then why are doing it? Presumably the 'course' mentioned will cost money, so surely you must have got some idea what you were spending on?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009