New Network+ Books & Decisions Decisions!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Metalstar, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Hello all

Having got my A+ cert today, I am ready to move on. I am planning on doing Network+ and Linux Certs (Probably LPIC rather than the Linux+)

Problem is, with the current changeover from 2007-2009 edition exams I am unsure as to what to do. The new N+ books are on their way but I wanted to start studying sooner rather than later this year (June in this case)

Any ideas, should I try to get through the 2007 exam before the deadline?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

I wouldn't... I mean there's a new updated exam coming soon, might as well do that one. Nothing is stopping you from studying until the study guide comes out. I doubt that TCP/IP or the types of connectors will change by then... lol
    Read what ever material you have on hand, check google and wiki until the book comes out. If you can get a second hand Network+ book read that. Odds are you'll be prepare before the guide comes out if you read enough.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'm going to be in the same position very soon. I know I can borrow a Net+ book from a friend so I'm going to have a look at that first and assess my chances before deciding whether to do it now or wait and do some of the MCDST first.
    I haven't investigated the exams fully yet so I don't know how much difference there'll be between the 2007 and 2009 revisions and which one (if any) is better from an employability point of view so if anyone has any opinions on that I'd appreciate hearing (seeing?) them.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Start studying now. What you learn will not be wasted.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well done on passing A+.
    As others have said start studying now & get the updated book when comes out in June.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+