New MS certification - MCITP: US History Major

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi all,

Thought this would be a funny thing to post. Apparently Microsoft is spreading it's wings and doing non-IT certifications as well.

Say hi to the MCITP: US History Major (see attached picture). It's currently on their website with 2 people currently certified in it :)

See here.

-ken

Attached Files:

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

On the curriculum does it say Bill is one of the founding fathers?

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Kitkatninja

:lol: That's why it's in the "Just for Laughs" section :lol:

But you can see something like this happening, coming soon... University of Microsoft, earn your degree equivalant (just like you can do the GED instead of earning the High School Diploma, or the GCGI instead of the BSc/BA, etc). And no, the MCSE (from an educational point of view) is not the same level as a degree (according the NQF levels, see my previous posts).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

When you get a McDegree does that mean you can make the burgers look like the ones in the pictures? because normally they look like a rubber piece of crap. I've never had a burger in McDs that looks like one in the pictures.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Kitkatninja

8. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Glad to see educational standards are not slipping, at least with a McDegree they will be under no illusion that at the end of their degree all they are fit for is burger flipping... :D

Personally I'd like to see more industry sponsorship but the educational establishments still maintaining overall control. This would help insure that the needs of industry are met while still ensuring educational standards are met.

Anyone who has studied A level maths will tell you what a joke that is, no way its an equivalent qualification...