Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by bowulf, Aug 10, 2007.

1. bowulf

bowulf Bit Poster

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been in IT since college and starting my own computer mobile repair business. My formal education (Master's) is in history, but common sense and tech boom of the nineties rapidly determined the path I should follow instead.

I am huge proponent of certification as it seems the only way I can sit down and learn something new on the horizon rather than because there is a fire that requires additional knowledge. Now at least when there is a fire or a problem needing solution, I can at least pull at vague remembrances of the books or practice in the home labs I had read or performed. To that end, I am bit of certification junkie with something like 21 or 22 different certifications - a lot not relevent anymore like my CNA/CNE in Intranetware (aka Netware 4.11).

In addition to IT stuff, I spent 10 years in the military ('89-'98, '05-'06 -- National Guard). The last year was due to losing over 200 pounds and trying to relive one's youth. I administrate a large online weightloss group and run my own blog @ http://www.network-admin.net). Thanks for the interest if you've read this far. :-D

Certifications: Master CNE,VCP,MCSE,MCSA,MCTS,TICSA,CCNA
    WIP: ITIL, MCITP-W2K8 (EA)
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & Welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! Another yank. Welcome. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome, Bo!

Where were you stationed? I did BASIC back at Ft. Leonard Wood from July '89 to September '89...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. bowulf

bowulf Bit Poster

I did Basic at Fort Benning in '89 and '90. Back then I was an infantry grunt. In my later military career, I was 96b Intel Analyst and did my training in balmy Wisconsin in the winter months.

Certifications: Master CNE,VCP,MCSE,MCSA,MCTS,TICSA,CCNA
    WIP: ITIL, MCITP-W2K8 (EA)
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Bowulf 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thank you for your service... and for serving in our ranks as a "soldier first, but an intelligence professional second to none."

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!