NEW MEMBER QUESTION

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by AJJ1971, Jul 21, 2006.

1. AJJ1971

AJJ1971 New Member

Hi Everyone, :oops:

I have come onto this forum basically due to the fact I want to get into IT, thus I have had an informal chat with a SKILLSTRAIN rep with the view that I want to get the basic quallifications first then figure out where to go from that. :rolleyes:

First the REPS SELL:- do the A+ and N+ ,Generally 10 hours per week, for £2100 , £50 deposit, £65 per month for 34 months on a 'pay as you go' payment plan (i.e if want to stop i do not have to pay the outstanding ammount) if I fail they will put me through untill I passed then if i wish to do the MCSA this will only cost me £1500 on top. :blink

After this meeting I wanted to ask a FEW questions from an inpartical source (YOU LOT) so I would like to ask you guys out their that have most proberbly been thier, seen it and got the T-shirt etc...anyway the questions are:

1. How long will it take the average person to complete both the courses (A+ & N+)?

2. Is this the usual price?
    (OR COULD I KNOCK THEN DOWN A BIT?)

3. Are SKILLSTRAIN a good training provider with good communication?.

4. Is thier any alteranatives to SKILLSTRAIN other than doing it all yourself (as I would like the guidence)?

I know I proberbly could find this information in the forums somewhere but I would much appreciate the help. :eek:

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE :D :D :D :D

2. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

welcome to CF!

well there certainly r alternatives, such as self study, for A+ u can buy books such as All in one by Mike Meyers...havent done Network + but i guess someone else will definitely suggest a good book for it...meanwhile regarding the time it takes to finish them really depends on how much u know about computers, A+ hardware is all about hardware and building computers, various specifications, tiny details and stuff, while OS deals with 9x/ME, NT, 2000, XP home and professional and there is a lot more in that...it took me a month to clear A+ core(hardware) and a month to clear OS but it could take u less depending on how much u know about computers and your experience... i dont know about skillstrain though, i'm in australia :) but good luck with everything :) u'll find very helpful advice here from everyone...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I'm not sure i understood what you said about stopping payments; If i got fed up of my car i still have to keep paying for it.
    Good luck, Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT