New job as junior network engineer! yaye!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by keconnect sparky, Jul 18, 2011.

1. keconnect sparky

keconnect sparky Nibble Poster

Just wanted to say that hard work and study pays off, after over a 1 1/2 years trying to get into network operations, i finally landed a role with a very reputable company as a junior network engineer!

They are keen to get me upto CCNP and then CCIE, i cant wait

Just goes to show, as long as your enthusiastic and keen that hard work will pay off and you will get the job you want! :biggrin

Good times people

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA-S
    WIP: CCNP (ROUTE)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, congrats on the new job :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Nice one mate, congratz on the job. Onwards and upwards. :thumbleft:alc

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. keconnect sparky

Cheers peeps :biggrin

6. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Congrats on the new job :)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  7. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Major congrats mate :thumbleft:thumbleft

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  8. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Congrats buddy!

Care to tell us about your journey?
    Always good to know how someone does it, when you haven't got there yourself yet:)

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  9. keconnect sparky

Sure thing,

Back in the yesterdays from when i left school i pottered around in retail IT stores, after a year or so i managed to secure an NVQ position within the County Council (there is where i fell in love with networks and was my first exposure to them) loved this job, hence me side tracking and much to the anger of my NVQ assessors i half heartly done the NVQ whilst studying and earning my MCP in windows 2000 :0)

I then left this job and went to work for a private IT company for more money, but learnt the lesson that more money doesn't mean ur going to be happy, so this was a short lived moved, got out after 6 months as i really did click with the team/job

side stepped to the auto motive industry for marketing/databasing for 4 years, had a fall out with the MD over my paternity leave and whilst in my paternity leave managed to secure a job for a small local ISP (GET IN!) this is where i fell in love with networks again and earned my CCNA, unfortunately the company merged with abigger ISP and the office was "relocated" which meant we were all out of jobs ... GUTTED!

so another side track (during the times of when the recession first hit, i needed to support my family) i got head hunted for Geeksquad, although i didnt want the job nor understand the quirkiness of the company it paid good money and was full time plus i got a car, laptop and phone contract, as hard as i tried i could not secure another IT job ...well another job that paid so well and equal to the benifits i was getting.

FINALLY! 2 years later and alot of study later i secure my new job role as junior network admin and am about to take my CCNA-Security exam which will lead me onto my CCNP and IE which the company are very keen to put me through

.... Happy days, moral of the story...

dont give up, employers love enthusiasm and keenness and eagerness to learn more and people who are willing to go the extra mile and prove themselfs.

10. Afroninja

Afroninja Bit Poster

Congratulations :)

11. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!