New Direction

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by SN0WMAN, Feb 22, 2006.

1. SN0WMAN

SN0WMAN Bit Poster

First off, thanks for all the help ive got from this site. Its really made me change the way im going to do things.

Im going to do a smaller, cheaper A+ course to see how i get on.

I can do this just to increase my knowledge of the IT industry and may not be too bothered about a major carreer move at the end of it and if i dont do the exams i can still come away with some sort of diploma.

Ive been looking at ICS can anyone suggest any other home learning courses like this and thier experiences.

Thanks again for you help in this matter.

Certifications: none
    WIP: A+ then maybe mcp + msce
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Snow,

Glad you like the forum, you are welcome to the help we all give to each other.
    The A+ is a great course even if you don't want to do the A+, N+ MCSE route. It will give you a good foundation and the grounding most IT jobs look for.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. SN0WMAN

SN0WMAN Bit Poster

Cheers Boyce.

I now know whats im doing.

4. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

With a good book (mike Meyers or Sybex) an old PC or two,The A+ is within your reach.

Self study,the help of all the wonderful people here :biggrin ,this then eliminates the need for any expensive training Company.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Tyler D makes a great point.

What is is that makes you feel that you need to use a training provider?

A lot of the books out there for a fraction of the cost of training are a lot better written than many training guides, and at a fraction of the cost.

You could use this great forum for any help and support that you need, and all for free.

8)

6. SN0WMAN

SN0WMAN Bit Poster

Thanks again guys.

Got the Meyers A+ Passport ordered, so i'll have a look at it and see how i get on. But i'd still like to work my way through a course with some sort of structure, otherewise i dont think i'd ever do it.

Any others like ICS or is this the best one?