New Certifications for System Center

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

MCTS/MCITP for System Center:
    There are 3 exams:

MCTS: System Center Operations Manager Config (70-400)
    MCTS: System Center Configuration Manager Config (70-401)
    MCITP: IT Operations and Service Management (70-402)

You have to pass all 3 in order to achieve the MCITP.
    So far all being released next year (the expected release date for the 70-402 has to be confirmed though)

You can see the whole recording here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

I'm an MCT working towards the exam for 70-401. I must say the Microsoft 6451 course is terrible!

My biggest problem is finding some good exam preparation tools. I normally use Self Test Software or MeasureUp, but neither of these has the 70-401 test.

Can any suggest a reputable test exam provider, or give me any other exam preparation tips?

Certifications: ACA MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP MCAS MCT
    WIP: MCAP
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I might do that, cheers Ken, SCCM is really big in our place (Atos). Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, there probably aren't any... there's little-to-no demand for training materials for those exams, so legit practice exam providers would lose money by creating training products for them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

I'm surprised - I thought SCCM 2007 was a very popular product.

It turns out there is a Microsoft exam preparation course 50243A on the way. The provisional release date was July 1, so maybe we'll see it soon.

6. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

Operations Manager is certainly an area I'll be looking to expand into in conjunction with Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager. I haven't used it much yet but if it can do half of what mircrosoft says it can I'll be very impressed.

jk2447 are you in the server team over at Atos?

I have a friend who transfered over there several months back - Frank Guest.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It may be a popular product... but there aren't many people certifying on it. According to Microsoft's Web site, here, this is the number of people who have passed the SCCM exams:

And only a small percentage of those people are going to spend the money on a practice exam... so you can see how they'd likely be a money-loser for the practice exam provider.

Plus, there are only so many writers for so many products. Compare those SC exam numbers to the Vista exam (72,137), the Server 2008 exams (approx 30,000 each), and what you might imagine the numbers for the A+, Network+, and CCNA exams to be, and you can see that there are many more profitable exams that need to be done first. Thus, it doesn't make much business sense for the PTPs to pursue the SC exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

Well I passed the SCCM2007 70-401 exam, but having been the trainier for the 6451A course twice now, I'm even more convinced it's the worst course I've ever seen!

I'm looking at the SC Ops Manager 70-400 now, and I'm shocked to see there is no MOC course at all! It's not surprising there aren't many exam passes:
    Perhaps my fellow MCT's can help me here: Where do I get access to courses such as 50242A: System Center Operations Manager 2007 Certification Prep? They don't appear o the list of MOC courses on the Microsoft Official Curriculum Online site.

9. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

So. Many. Exams. To. Go. Through.

SCCM seems to be one of the emerging ones at the moment, I really oughta use it more and more, but lack of time always seems to rear its ugly head :(

Well, along with SCCM, SCOM and VMM, that would make it a good slew of certs to have. Can someone freeze time for me please?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM