New Blog

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phoenix, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Figured I would pimp my new blog out a bit
    I've already written more for the blog that's a week old than the IT blog I started like 2 years ago
    go figure, I guess its easier writing about something your really passionate about
    not sure if that means I'm not passionate about technology, or if I just spend way to much time on it already :)

http://www.underidaho.com is my blog dedicated to diving in Idaho
    its currently documenting my Divemaster progress and my journey towards Master Instructor and Technical diving

Enjoy

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Cool. "UnderIdaho". Sounds like where some troll lives. :jk:

Pics?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Pics of my blog? or Pics of the diving?
    I have a few of the gas blending station I'm going to put up with an article on my Trimix blending class, but I dont have an underwater camera housing yet, so I'm a touch limited on the underwater stuff :)

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I can take a screen capture of your blog if I want a pic of it. Yeah, underwater pics. Guess I'll wait. ;-)

Never told you, but one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid was Sea Hunt, starring Lloyd Bridges. Cool stuff.

[​IMG]

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

haha we were discussing sea hunt in divemaster class the other day
    your always told never to put your mask on your forehead, in fact, I had to cough up a case of Diet coke the other day because I got busted

but in Sea Hunt, they did it ALL THE TIME! :D

funny how things change over time ;)

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

That's because it looked cool...not because it was right. It *was* TV, after all.

Surprised your class discussed Sea Hunt since it's such an old TV show. I wouldn't have thought anyone would know about it (you young kids). :wink:

7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Our course director has kids my age :)

The instructor at the other store (who I am going up to McCall with this weekend) just celebrated a 60 something birthday) and he's only been diving for six years

Diving is the sport for everyone, young, old, big, small, even less abled people who have trouble on land, find being weightless makes everything easier underwater

:)

ok I've done my plug ;)

Drysuit flooded a bit last night, hit a thermocline and i was sitting in 12c (54f) water and was wet, brrrrrr ;)

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

So, wet and wild wasn't all it was cracked up to be, eh? :biggrin

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

How far down was the thermocline, and how deep is the site?

Diving is excellent... highly recommended. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

The thermocline was between 8.8 and 11m (28ft and 36ft) you generally felt it going down at 11m but didn't feel it let up coming up until 8m

the site gets hella deep in areas, but we were hugging the rock wall along the shore, its a big reservoir and I know it goes down to 200ft, I guess even deeper depending on the time of year

a couple folks went down to 90ft for some deep experience

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Excellent... :) It's SO weird to feel a "tight" thermocline... where your legs are about 30 degrees colder than your arms! The thermocline is usually about 30 feet down in the quarry we often go to in Cadiz, KY. It's not terribly deep... maybe 60 at its deepest.

I've been down to slightly deeper than 100 feet before, but my two buddies disappeared in near zero visibility... and my mask started leaking... and it was freezing cold... so I slightly "narc"ed out and swam up about 20 feet until I got hold of myself and calmed down enough to ascend normally.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!