New A+ and N+ study books and objectives

Discussion in 'A+' started by Nursa, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Nursa

Nursa Bit Poster

I've been reading alot of posts over the last few weeks asking about new 2009 objectives. Could some one please clear up exactly when these are being released!

I'm going to start my A+ and N+ self study in the next few weeks and personally would like to take the newest objectives.

Also when new study guides are being releasesd for 2009? Is there a new Meyers book coming out etc as I would prefer to wait for the newest editions.....

Thanks

Certifications: BTEC in Computing
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

the A+ doesn't change untill January 2010 so expect the books sometime before that probably October. The N+ has already changed so their should be books out for it now if not soon. Just look on Amazon to see when they are going to be released

It actually doesn't matter if you get the new objectives or older ones but it's your choice

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

GBL, where are you getting the information that the 60x series retires next Jan? The only official word I can find says July 31st.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it was here saying that it officially retires in Jan

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Nursa.
    At the moment, I would recommend taking the current A+ objectives.
    There's no real study material out there for the 2009 objectives, and there probably won't be for several months. At the end of the day, an A+ is an A+ and it's highly unlikely an employer is going to care which objectives you passed because the core material will be the same.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

Most of the tech in 2009/2007 of N+ is pretty much similar, just a few new technologies. For the N+ I bought the Exam Cram 2009 edition for Network+ which is serving me well already. I am also using the 2007 edition of the Sybex Network+ book too, just incase

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Might wanna recheck that, GBL... I've heard mid 2010 ever since the 2009 track was announced.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!