networksinc.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Edugeek.net Russdev, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Edugeek.net Russdev

Edugeek.net Russdev Bit Poster

Anyone seen/used this http://www.networksinc.co.uk/CCNA_home_study.htm seems quite interesting.

Russell

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Wow within 3 years he became a consultant and the way he tells us how much money we can earn if you do it, added to the marketing method on the site, kinda puts me off:

Our local college offers the joint CCNA & Btec/Edexcel qual (so you get both) for £442 (inc the exams), or you can buy Cisco kits here or off ebay (then just pay for the Cisco exam).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Looks like the guy who runs it is Paul Browning, Ciscopaul on CF. Suggest you do a search of threads he's started or replied to. Different people have differing views of this type of training.

4. GiddyG

Heh heh... as I said, different people have differing views... 8)

I tend to agree with Ken.

5. Edugeek.net Russdev

Two problems have to self study aka not at a college. The second problem have is work are paying for it so anything in us dollars a no no as money people get a bit worried about it.

I am not to worried about market speak mainly just anyone used the product.

Russell

6. GiddyG

Nope. Umm... what about the Boson products? OK, I know they're US, but they are supposed to be among the best products around, if not the best.

Have a look on the Boson site, and speak to BosonMichael on CF.

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Russ I'd probably suggest that if you can't attend a course then go for the Cisco Press self study guides and pick up some cheap switches on ebay or get a network simulator from somewhere such as Boson.

You'll be able to work through it at your own pace, and the money men/women won't complain about the funds because you'll be saving them a fortune.

8)

8. Edugeek.net Russdev

please delete as started this post in new thread to keep things neat..

Russ

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Huh? What? Did someone call my name? :)

Yep... it's quotes like those on his site that cause people to think that they can get the CCNA without experience and start rolling in the bucks... when in reality, getting the CCNA without experience can damage your career. But he doesn't care about that... he just wants to sell you stuff. :rolleyes:

My advice: Go with a company that will tell you the TRUTH... putting the good of YOUR career over the worth of the sales dollar.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Oooooh - loving the garish yellow post-it style pop-up that nags you when you view the site. Real professional that.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

What do you mean? :eek:
    That's the whole reason I did my CCNA. Just waiting the the truckloads of money to pull-up in the driveway.

Hmmm, it has been over 6-months, but I know it's coming. Anyday now... :rolleyes:

12. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Your truckload of money just arrived at my house. For some reason they had my address on it......so I decided to keep your money. :twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  13. sonny_jay

sonny_jay New Member

DO NOT ever go join this con artist Paul Browning! He just wants your money and will not provide any more support thereafter! His boot camp weekend was awful!! When i mean awful, I mean AWFUL!! I have had colleagues who did the bootcamp and find him rude, and very pressurising to hand over more money for extra material. Watch out he is also on Ebay selling the bootcamp cheaper..AVOID !!!

14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I used his Howtonetwork site and found it useful in passing my CCNA on the theory side, although i tend to agree, if you for some reason cannot learn how to do the routines and commands on your own test kit (which would be cheaper), then I dont think you are CCNA material.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  15. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hmmm, thats a very strong and opinionated post from a new member.

Although you personally may have had a problem with the training provided can you back your statements up with fact? It is all good and well saying x y and z about said provider, but unless you can provide evidence of this then it is irrelevant.

Calling someone a con artist because they did not meet your requirements is not going to help anyone. the best course of action would be to open up a dialogue in an attempt to determine why your requirements were not met.

8)

16. sonny_jay

sonny_jay New Member

well, the help he provided was really poor, he wasnt very professional. His main objective is to take money from anyone who is not from an IT background and pester them into bootcamp after bootcamp!! A salesman in disguise!

17. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

A disguise you say? From his posts on this forum in the past it certainly aint that much of a disguise!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em