Networking newbie

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Jobbo, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jobbo

Jobbo Bit Poster

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the middle of taking the A+ course which involves simple networking, after reading the posts on this forum I decided to download Microsoft virtual server 2005 R2 for free.

I've recently installed a second hard drive on the missus pc but only as a second drive , her file system is fat32 (drive C) & mine ntfs (drive F) the server will only load into an ntfs file system but won't let me change the destination for the files within the setup.

Is there anyway to change this so I can load it into my drive (F)

many thanks

Gary

WIP: A+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Weird, perhaps it has to be installed on the same partition as the operating system? :blink

Why are you running FAT32? If there is no reason then you can convert it to NTFS. Go to Start, Run and enter the command: CONVERT C: /fs:ntfs /v

Best to back up critical data first though :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Jobbo

Jobbo Bit Poster

I might give that a try ,but the trouble is the C drive has only about a gig of space left, whilst my F drive has about 20 gig on it,hence me wanting to install to F.

Thanks for the idea though Sparky and I'll convert the file system to ntfs anyway.

Gary

WIP: A+