Network+

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jamessimo, May 19, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi All

I am looking to get a job in IT I have passed my MCDST. I have decided to take and study the Network+
    to help broaden my knowledge.

I think that this is the way to go ?

I would like some second opinions, If this not the way to go please tell me why? :D

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Getting the A+ too would help.

Normally the way to go is A+, N+ and MCDST and then no other certs untill you have relevant experience. So yes the N+ would be a good idea but consider the A+ first or aswell.

BTW no cert will get you a job it can only make you look more attractive to an employer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Thank you for your reply :biggrin

Im fully aware that this is not the only thing that will get me an IT job.

A+ sounds nice and I will get it but as I have the MCDST. I feel that if I go to the network +.

It will broaden my qualification scope, and may look more attractive to an employer. Until I get a job in IT I dont really want to be doubling up qualifications

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Getting the A+ and MCDST will in no way be "doubling up" your qualifications. Each certification has its function. Although you believe them to be too similar, most employers see them as separate. A+ is vendor-neutral; the MCDST is not. The A+ covers hardware and software; the MCDST focuses on the OS and apps.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

There's no one "right path" to advance your career in IT. It depends on your goals, your aptitude and frankly, your experience. Before "loading up" on certifications, if you aren't already working in the field, you might want to start applying for some entry-level positions, just to get your feet wet.

Certifications: A+ and Network+