Network+ without A+?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by roxxor92, Aug 18, 2014.

1. roxxor92

roxxor92 New Member

so im just starting school and one of the first classes im taking is networking technologies, and I payed for the voucher for the net+ cert. but the class I believe said A+ certification is recommended, my advisor, and the class professor said not to worry about it. my question is should I really go get the A+ first, and if its not necessary do I need it later with the addition of the net+ or will the network cert cover the A+ cert as far as experience?

2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

If you're starting out then yes go for the A+ as well, the N+ is networking, which you wont need for his class, but the A+ is for fixing computers and wiring patch leads etc, with a lot of other stuff thrown in. Handy to have, but nothing will beat real world experience. I got a degree in computing and information systems, i havent done any exams yet, as im finding im learning all the time in my current role. The certs themselves will not get you a job straight away, its one thing to have a piece of paper saying you know stuff, but an employer will say ok, how many years exp do you have, and he will hope for an answer like, well my current role sees me etc blah blah blah, and i have been doing this for x amount of years, in which i have gained exp in etc etc blah blah

Hope that helps.

Also look on youtube of professer messer sites for the Comptia A+ and the N+, then see what you think.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. roxxor92

roxxor92 New Member

Thanks alot