Network+ Questions

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Gav, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I've been studying for Network+ with the Sybex book as well as the Certification Passport. I've just tried out an exam on the Sybex disc and there have been a few questions that require dragging and dropping of things (e.g. dragging the OSI model into order). Are there any like this on the actual exam, or are they all multiple choice questions?

Thanks,

Gav

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Alright mate, I've removed the graphic from your post due to the copyright on sybex products.

No harm done though. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

According to Cramsession:

So to answer your question, based on the above info, "yes".

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thank you very much :biggrin

Whilst we're on the topic, can anyone confirm the passing score for the 2007 Network+, I'm reading contradictory information (especially from Wikipedia), so clarification would be good :D

Thanks

5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The best place is, for the most part, direct from the source :D

2005/2007 version: Exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900 with a minimum passing score of 554

2009 version: Exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900 with a minimum passing score of 720

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thanks Ken (again!) :D

7. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

Hi Gav,

Funnily enough, I've started going through the Sybex "Virtual Lab" tests today as well. I've just finished the Network+ Deluxe Edition by David Groth.

At this stage, I'd say I'm about 50% there, in terms of confidence. I think another months revision (using Mike Meyers' book) and I'll attempt the exam come end of May.

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP