Network+ Passport Second Edition

Discussion in 'Network+' started by OceanPacific, Feb 4, 2008.

1. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

I bought this book,

http://tinyurl.com/2cl7o9

And so far I really like it. I think I like it alot better than the ExamCram. Its laid out very well and Ive been using the LearnKey software bundled with the book.

My question is, does anyone know anything about the LearnKey software? How accurate does it stand up to the real test? Ive been averaging in the 800's on this test but I dont know how close it is to the real thing.

Im still going to use CertBlaster as my "control" so to speak.

WIP: N+, A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The N+ books by Groth & Mike Meyers are the two best recommended books for Network + and yes Learn key software is great.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I found the passport to be just a *summary* tbh. If you want to make sure you understand all the objectives of the N+, then i suggest you purchase the full edition here.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Well Im more concerned about how the LearnKey software holds up to the actual test. I know most of the material and I have a full book on Network+ I got when I took the class in college. I just want to make sure the test will be accurate.

When I took my MCSA I used a TestOut CD I got from school and when I went to take the test the questions were completely different.

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

They are not gonna be the same word for word mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. greenbrucelee

if the questions were the same then you would be using braindump software and that can get you decertified for life. The practice test software is supposed to gague your knowledge and whole subject where as the exam may stay on a certain theme the whole way through.

7. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

True, I understand that. I guess my real question then would be, is the LearnKey software a good software to gauge my readiness to take the test by? And if not, what would be? I want my time and money to be well spent and not have to spend that 250 over again.

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

If I were you, i would download the objectives and tick them off. If you are conversant with all the objectives, then they can fire any questions they want at you.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. greenbrucelee

I would say learnkey are great but Transcender and Preplogic are better. Infact why not download demos of each one then decide for yourself, just visit the web sites and get the free trials.

10. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Will do. Thanks for all the tips guys. I just took the LearnKey test in master mode and made a 900. Im going to switch it up now to a different software and keep doing that until im confident I know this material.

11. greenbrucelee

Not sure if Bosons software is Ready yet but get some Transcender or preplogic test exams then you'll be sorted.

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not yet... gotta do the A+ first, then turn our attention (at some point) to Network+.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!