Network+ Objectives

Discussion in 'Network+' started by shadowwebs, Oct 16, 2014.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Is it likely that the objectives will be set to change soon? The reason I ask is that I have been umming and arghing for a while now on whether to start the exam, and as my A+ expires in April 2015, I feel it's a good time to think about starting as then on passing the Network+, at least my A+ will be auto renewed for a further 3 years also.

The current set of objectives were published on December 1st 2011, so we're near the 4 year point which I would expect to see the change start to come in. The current set is the N10-005

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Sorry for slow reply. In one of their reports last year, CompTIA had the N10-006 scheduled for "Q4 2014" with objectives "broadly distributed in August" (see the very last slide).
    I also notice Amazon and others starting to list pre-publication (April/May 2015) books on the sites for the N10-006.

That said, I don't see anything yet on their CompTIA site, and they haven't yet sent out any emails to N+ holders. I certainly haven't seen any "broadly distributed" objectives, so can only guess it's behind track.

I'd say it won't really hurt to do the current version. Still valid for three years, just you've got better, more mature courseware available now.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?