Network+ Certified

Discussion in 'Network+' started by msethk, Jun 27, 2006.

1. msethk

msethk Guest

Hey, I'm new to the board. Actually found this place the other day before I took my Network+ certification. Just wanted to let everyone know I took my exam today and passed it with ease. Although it shouldn't be underestimated! After passing my CCNA last month, I expected this test to be a breeze; however, it still presented a challenge for me.

I used the Network+ (fourth edition) by David Groth to study and I also used xxxxxxx.com. The book was great, everything you need to know to ace the test is in that book for those of you who have not taken this exam. xxxxxxxx is a good study guide and good way to learn information, but don't expect the exam to be those questions, because it's not!

Know your OSI model and all your cable specifications for sure. There's a lot of questions on that. I actually had 1 subnetting question and also had a question about IPv6! It's hard to nit-pick what's on the exam. Bascially read the Network+ study guide book by David Groth and you should be good to go, providing you've had some brief experience! 8)

Edit: to remove reference to braindump site <Bluerinse>

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

If you have a spare moment, why not pop over to the new members forum and let the gang say hi.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi, welcome, and congrats on the pass!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Just a heads up people and msethk, xxxxxxxxxx ARE a braindump site. You're not doing yourself any favours by using this material to 'study' from.

Edit: to remove all references in this thread to a braindump site <bluerinse>

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. msethk

msethk Guest

Actually believe it or not, there was a lot of useful information. In my opinion, the "practice questions" helped me to study for this exam. However, I did find a few answers that were wrong. But, I have to agree, don't expect the questions to be the same on the Network+ as the xxxxxxxxxxx worksheets, because there wasn't one that matched up! I would not solely use xxxxxxxxx to study for any test! :D

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Mate, you shouldn't use them at all, because it is considered cheating. End of story!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. msethk

msethk Guest

Haha, disagree with that one, but whatever you say, bud! I went through the xxxxxxxxx document and it gave me no advantage on the test as I stated above besides memorizing cable specs and stuff like that. Just a good review. Hard for that to be considering cheating! It should be called nothardlylikexxxxxxxxx.com

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well maybe the braindump you used this time didn't help you to pass but you didn't know that before you sat the exam.

The next time you chose to include dumps in your studies, it might be a different story and you might see all the questions you have memorised appear on the screen in the testing centre. Is that what you would prefer?

Anyway, this site has a very strict policy regarding braindumps and you will find most people here understand and agree with that. If you intend to promote the use of such material then I suggest you find another forum to express your views on.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

braindumping is illegal no matter how little or how much you do it. If you get caught by people like microsoft, cisco and comptia they will *strip* you of your certs and be banned for life from getting certified.

We a honest friendly forum here with a zero tolerance to braindumps and braindumpers - if you going to come make fun of someone who has pointed out that they wrong then you will start having problems here. I hope you understand this is not a threat nor a warning just a complaint from me.
    Bluerinse is a highly respected and knowledged guy who really knows what he is talking about so please dont go on making fun of him.

Thanks.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  10. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Anyone else think this could be advertising?

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  11. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

advertising xxx ? :eek: cuz thats what im seeing! :biggrin

12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

lud i think the site in question has gone now.. maybe it was maybe it wasnt..

13. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Why don't you just make a site filter to automatically xxxxxxx out words like *well known braindump sites*?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  14. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im with omni cant something like that be implentented into the code? how about PM the mods about it omni?

15. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

msethk, take the hint - we don't support braindumps or cheating or degrading of genuine studying whatsoever on CF. I suggest you take the above comments on board.
    We can filter content, but this is currently disabled until the next forum software upgrade. We can filter ads, so please continue to report any dodgy ads you see as normal.

If we were to filter a phrase like *well known braindump sites* - that would kind of remove the capacity to actually have a discussion like this ??

HTH - and please keep all the anti-BD feedback live and loud. CertForums wont give braindumps the time of day !!!8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity