Network+ 2009 study material

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Mikeyboy, May 6, 2009.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

Passed my A+ yesterday, and going to have a study break for a short while, whilst I send off letters & CVs, apply for jobs and possibly attempt to start my own little business (undecided yet :) ) but I definitely think I am going to go for the Network+ next, seems the next logical step...

Anyway, my question is, when will study material for the new updated N+ start to become available, obviously it will probably be months before I contemplate the exams but I'd like to get back into studying soon.
    Also, when they update these exams, ie. 2007 to 2009, does any of the old questions stay in the database, or is all entirely new questions?

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the A+ pass :)

There are couple of books out now on Amazon relating to the 2009 version. Of course once the exam goes live, there'll be more on the market.

As for your second question, I don't know. I would assume that as long as the questions are relevant, they'll stay in, but not sure...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the replies, guys.

(for some reason this site never emails me to tell me when I have a reply, even when I set it to instant notification!)

Is there a Mike Meyers version N+ study guide? If so presumably there will be an update, I used that to study for my A+, so a similar book would be nice :)

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The first book is not out til June and the second book for labs isn't out until Sept.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

That is a long time to wait - there is just ONE exam though, right? How come there are two books then? Have they changed the exam style, forgive me for not having looked fully at the exams I have only started thinking about this again today