Network+ 2009 Expirey

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jaron78, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Afternoon Chaps,

Done some Googling and couldnt really find an answer so its down to you lovely fellows.

Can anyone confirm the expirey date for the Network + (2009 edition).

Looking to do it before Jan 2012 so if anyone could advise that would be marvellous.

Cheers

2. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

I couldn't find any definitive information regarding an actual date but I can tell you that when they introduce the new one, the old one (N10-004) will still be available - They'll phase it out over a couple of months.

I took my Sec+ (2008 edition) about a month ago and that was around the time when they started introducing the newer version of the exam. The older Sec+ exam is still available to take up until the end of the year, so I can assume that the Network+ will be done in a similar fashion.

Check the N+ section of the CompTIA website every now and again and you should be able to find out when they've introduced the newer version.

If you're planning to have it done before January, I wouldn't worry about it - loadsa time! :D

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Lovely, cheers mate :)